RepairmanJack.com Forums
Rock Star: INXS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Rock Star: INXS (/thread-1130.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rock Star: INXS - The Mad American - 08-19-2005

Does MIG make anyone else wonder if Willam Dafoe spent some time in Australia about 20 something years ago and has a secret that he didn't want the world to know?

Rock Star: INXS - Scott Hajek - 08-19-2005

The Mad American Wrote:Does MIG make anyone else wonder if Willam Dafoe spent some time in Australia about 20 something years ago and has a secret that he didn't want the world to know?

Good call on the genetics.Big Grin

Rock Star: INXS - Scott Hajek - 09-21-2005

So, was anyone truly surprised that JD won?

He is the best fit for INXS. MiG just couldn't shake his theater background and Marty's style is better suited for a new sound. Marty's screaming doesn't work well with a "dance rock" style.

I picked JD from the first episode. But, I'm very happy that Marty will be the opening act for the world tour. I might have to get tickets.

Rock Star: INXS - APhew - 09-21-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:So, was anyone truly surprised that JD won?

I had JD fingered from early on as well. I kind of lost faith in him halfway through the season, but he came back with a vengeance. Mig totally blew it by singing Queen as his final song. I have no clue what was going through his head when he thought that would be a good idea. I felt he pretty much just threw his chance away by doing that. Marty is a great singer and has a good presence, but he truly wasn't right for the band. I'm also glad he'll be opening up for them on tour, I think he could do well on his own.

My wife hated JD's personality and so she was really disappointed in him winning. I feel he's the perfect fit. He can nail the old stuff and is putty in their hands for the new stuff. In the end, I think that's what they really wanted. A singer who has good stage presence, can sing old and new, and will gladly do anything they ask of him.

"Hey JD, can you sing that a little bit louder, and while your at it bring me another beer." :p

Rock Star: INXS - The Mad American - 09-21-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:So, was anyone truly surprised that JD won?

He is the best fit for INXS. MiG just couldn't shake his theater background and Marty's style is better suited for a new sound. Marty's screaming doesn't work well with a "dance rock" style.

I picked JD from the first episode. But, I'm very happy that Marty will be the opening act for the world tour. I might have to get tickets.

I was glad to see JD win. He was by far the best fit for INXS style of music. I won't say I had him pegged but from the time he did that Alannis Morissette song with the different arrangement (a song I really dislike the original of but dug his version) I really began to like him and root for him.

I was concerned that MiG might get it even though I thought his performances over the past 3 or 4 weeks have been awful.

While we are on the subject. Marty's original song "Trees". While it is an original song it was totally a rip off of a band named The Toady's. Anyone heard the Toady's? The had a pretty decent hit a few years ago with the song Possum Kingdom. A few of them are now in a band named The Burden Brothers. Martys song sounded so much like a Toadys song that every time I would hear it I would end up with Toadys songs stuck in my head.

Rock Star: INXS - law dawg - 09-22-2005

APhew Wrote:I had JD fingered from early on as well. I kind of lost faith in him halfway through the season, but he came back with a vengeance. Mig totally blew it by singing Queen as his final song. I have no clue what was going through his head when he thought that would be a good idea. I felt he pretty much just threw his chance away by doing that. Marty is a great singer and has a good presence, but he truly wasn't right for the band. I'm also glad he'll be opening up for them on tour, I think he could do well on his own.

My wife hated JD's personality and so she was really disappointed in him winning. I feel he's the perfect fit. He can nail the old stuff and is putty in their hands for the new stuff. In the end, I think that's what they really wanted. A singer who has good stage presence, can sing old and new, and will gladly do anything they ask of him.

"Hey JD, can you sing that a little bit louder, and while your at it bring me another beer." :p

Mig was done way before the last episode. The only real competition was between JD and Marty. My girlfriend and I called JD several months ago. Marty, as noted earlier, is more modern rock and not the pop rock/dance rock INXS does. Marty is also too blond for INXS.

JD will fit them very well I think. Now it just depends on if INXS is just wanting a front man or a true lead singer/leader. 'Cause JD thinks he is the latter and not just eye candy with a voice and he'll cause all kinds of hell if they put him in that category.

Rock Star: INXS - law dawg - 09-22-2005

The Mad American Wrote:I was glad to see JD win. He was by far the best fit for INXS style of music. I won't say I had him pegged but from the time he did that Alannis Morissette song with the different arrangement (a song I really dislike the original of but dug his version) I really began to like him and root for him.

I was concerned that MiG might get it even though I thought his performances over the past 3 or 4 weeks have been awful.

While we are on the subject. Marty's original song "Trees". While it is an original song it was totally a rip off of a band named The Toady's. Anyone heard the Toady's? The had a pretty decent hit a few years ago with the song Possum Kingdom. A few of them are now in a band named The Burden Brothers. Martys song sounded so much like a Toadys song that every time I would hear it I would end up with Toadys songs stuck in my head.

Baby, the Toadies are a Dallas/Ft. Worth band and I saw them play several times. Loved the Toadies. One of my home town's contributions to the music scene.

Rock Star: INXS - The Mad American - 09-22-2005

law dawg Wrote:Baby, the Toadies are a Dallas/Ft. Worth band and I saw them play several times. Loved the Toadies. One of my home town's contributions to the music scene.

Nice. Knew they were from Texas. Also I am a big Toadies fan. HAven't had a chance to check out the entire new Burden Brothers disc but the single I have heard sounds a lot like the Toadies.

So thoughts on Martys song and the Toadies?

Rock Star: INXS - Richard Kendrick - 09-22-2005

Well, I would have picked Mig....

JD tends to imitate whoever he happens to be covering at the time. He adds the appropriate fake accent and everything. I guess he does a decent Michael Hutchens impersonation though. No biggie. I did like his original song though.

Marty really writes decent songs. But he can't sing well. His pitch is aweful. I would not hire him to host Karaoke.

Mig had the best voice and the most range and a decent attitude. JD is a punk. Oh well. INXS has been washed up since before Hutchens died. Mig got great exposure and will be much better off not saddled with that gig.

RIK

Rock Star: INXS - CANADIANRJFAN - 09-27-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Anybody watch this show?

Any other "termination lines" from other shows?

Just knix all the one-liners & bring back the 'gong'.