RepairmanJack.com Forums
Title trouble again - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Title trouble again (/thread-3601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Title trouble again - Wapitikev - 11-25-2009

Wapitikev Wrote:Well, based on the plot description:

Windows Vista

...what, that's taken already?

Drat.

-Wapitikev
Ok...some serious ones.

The Nth (choose your favourite punchy noun)...since the virus is trying to kill/damage the "N"oosphere.

eg: The Nth Strain, The Nth Agenda, The Nth Nightmare, The Nth Evisceration...you get the picture.

Or...

Since FPW has a penchant for catchy titles like Deep As The Marrow, All The Rage, The Haunted Air, By the Sword etc...

The Seventh Son

...a shortening of the "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" saying. In addition to the classical references to a child (Dawn's) with special abilities (granted by infernal powers), it also could refer to the Septimus Order, or a killer new virus (birthed by the Septimus Order) that does things that seem impossible/has powers that no previous virus ever had.

These are the ones that popped in there while reading the 1500 other suggestions listed above.

I'll have to go over them again to pick my favourites...what does overwhelmed mean?

Poor Paul...he has to pick one out of all these!

-Wapitikev

Title trouble again - Ken Valentine - 11-25-2009

Wapitikev Wrote:Poor Paul...he has to pick one out of all these!
It's not that difficult. All he has to do is look at my two contributions and flip a coin. Big Grin

Ken V,

Ken Valentine Wrote:It's not that difficult. All he has to do is look at my two contributions and flip a coin. Big Grin

Ken V,

Confusedmilewinkgrin:

-Wapitikev

Title trouble again - fpw - 11-25-2009

At this point, I'm tossing some back and forth with the publisher and the sales/marketing department. In the meantime, I'm going away for Turkey Day, so you all have a good holiday.

Title trouble again - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-25-2009

Ken Valentine Wrote:You really should go back and read Paul's original post.

Ken V.

Meaning what? If anything.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Meaning what? If anything.
There you go poking the Rakosh, again.

-Wapitikev

Title trouble again - cobalt - 11-25-2009

Wapitikev Wrote:There you go poking the Rakosh, again.

-Wapitikev

lmfao!

Wapitikev Wrote:There you go poking the Rakosh, again.

-Wapitikev

Here's an ah-deer, Wap--the revised NIGHTWORLD...

Our friends are gathering in Glaeken's place. A hellbeast smashes a window and tries to snatch Vicky away. Gia screams, "Vicky!" "Mommy! Jack! The monster!" Jack hurls himself on the beast. No use..the thing is just too strong. .Rasalom's voice..."She'll be a pretty little plaything for my friends, won't she, Jack? You and your woman will watch every second."

And from the Pine Barrens, Scarlip arrives. The half-human Rakosh. The Rakosh with a conscience. And he breaks the hellbeast's grip, and throws Vicky back inside, terrified but unharmed. And Scarlip falls from the window, still fighting the monster.

"I owe you, pal," Jack thinks. "I owe you what I can't pay right now."

Just riffin'.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Here's an ah-deer, Wap--the revised NIGHTWORLD...

Our friends are gathering in Glaeken's place. A hellbeast smashes a window and tries to snatch Vicky away. Gia screams, "Vicky!" "Mommy! Jack! The monster!" Jack hurls himself on the beast. No use..the thing is just too strong. .Rasalom's voice..."She'll be a pretty little plaything for my friends, won't she, Jack? You and your woman will watch every second."

And from the Pine Barrens, Scarlip arrives. The half-human Rakosh. The Rakosh with a conscience. And he breaks the hellbeast's grip, and throws Vicky back inside, terrified but unharmed. And Scarlip falls from the window, still fighting the monster.

"I owe you, pal," Jack thinks. "I owe you what I can't pay right now."

Just riffin'.
Interesting...but even though I haven't read any version of Nightworld yet (despite owning one), I can't see it making the cut.

Keep riffin', Mike.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Interesting...but even though I haven't read any version of Nightworld yet (despite owning one), I can't see it making the cut.

Keep riffin', Mike.

-Wapitikev

I don't expect it to make any cut either, Wap. Like I said...just riffin'. But I have wondered about the Rakosh. Essentially killing machines...supernatural sharks. And I wonder about Scarlip. When he spared Jack, what were his thoughts? And did he decide, alone in the Pine Barrens, "I and my kind have done evil things. When the Dark Master makes his final play, I must fight him."