RepairmanJack.com Forums
Equilibrium - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Equilibrium (/thread-595.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Equilibrium - Scott Miller - 01-11-2005

bkwormonthenet Wrote:As for those unexpected discoveries I mentioned, I have always had a fondness for THE HIDDEN since I saw it very, very late one night on TV. Sean

Oh yeah. Great flick, you gotta see it uncut to get the full effect. I owned it for a while but I've no idea what became of it and I've never seen it available since.

Equilibrium - bkwormonthenet - 01-11-2005

About THE HIDDEN:

Scott Miller Wrote:Oh yeah. Great flick, you gotta see it uncut to get the full effect. I owned it for a while but I've no idea what became of it and I've never seen it available since.

Maybe we should start a thread on THE HIDDEN.

I've been able to see it both ways, TV version and uncut on VHS. They have a DVD available now. Here's the link to it at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0780628586/qid=1105481778/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-2492179-1627357?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

There was also a sequel, THE HIDDEN 2 (also known as "The Hidden II: The Spawning"), but all I have ever heard is that this sequel is one of the worst movies ever made. I never bothered to see it. Thought it might ruin the first one for me.

There's a topic, too. Sequels that should never have been made. I'd add HIGHLANDER 2 and SPECIES 2 (saw both of these regrettable incidents). I hear THE STING 2 was also a bad idea.

Sean

Equilibrium - Maggers - 01-11-2005

I love THE HIDDEN. I saw it in the theater when it was first released and I've seen it on video since. Great little movie! I don't know anything about a sequel, though.

Equilibrium - jimbow8 - 01-11-2005

bkwormonthenet Wrote:About THE HIDDEN:

Maybe we should start a thread on THE HIDDEN.

I've been able to see it both ways, TV version and uncut on VHS. They have a DVD available now. Here's the link to it at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0780628586/qid=1105481778/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-2492179-1627357?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

There was also a sequel, THE HIDDEN 2 (also known as "The Hidden II: The Spawning"), but all I have ever heard is that this sequel is one of the worst movies ever made. I never bothered to see it. Thought it might ruin the first one for me.

There's a topic, too. Sequels that should never have been made. I'd add HIGHLANDER 2 and SPECIES 2 (saw both of these regrettable incidents). I hear THE STING 2 was also a bad idea.

Sean
Throw in Ghostbusters 2 and Caddyshack 2 also. Horrible! And I'm not fond of The Temple of Doom (Indiana Jones 2).

Equilibrium - bkwormonthenet - 01-12-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:And I'm not fond of The Temple of Doom (Indiana Jones 2).

Yes, you've got my vote there! Not good at all.

Sean

Equilibrium - jimbow8 - 01-12-2005

BTW, Welcome to the board, Sean.

jimbow8 Wrote:BTW, Welcome to the board, Sean.

Thanks. It's actually a welcome back to the board. I was on the old forum and just hadn't posted anything yet on the new one, although I know the new one has been around for quite awhile. I was probably just to the point where it was noticed I was there somewhat regularly when I dropped out of sight. 2004 was quite a year for me. It's more creative to let readers choose their own adjective for it. No need to go into detail, but here's to 2005 being something better!

See you around on the board, jimbow8!

Sean

Equilibrium - Tony H - 01-12-2005

bkwormonthenet Wrote:Thanks. It's actually a welcome back to the board. I was on the old forum and just hadn't posted anything yet on the new one, although I know the new one has been around for quite awhile. I was probably just to the point where it was noticed I was there somewhat regularly when I dropped out of sight. 2004 was quite a year for me. It's more creative to let readers choose their own adjective for it. No need to go into detail, but here's to 2005 being something better!

See you around on the board, jimbow8!

Sean

Welcome Back Sean:

We all have disappeared at one time or another for extended periods of time. Something always brings us back. (Mysterious, that.)

Stick around for a while before disappearing again.

-Tony

AsMoral Wrote:Welcome Back Sean:

We all have disappeared at one time or another for extended periods of time. Something always brings us back. (Mysterious, that.)

Stick around for a while before disappearing again.

-Tony

Tony --

I'll certainly try. BTW, I just read your review of WHITE NOISE. Thanks for warning me and enabling me to save my money!

I was sorry to miss the GU-3 in Chicago (wasn't it Feb. 2004?), since it was probably the only one that will be close to me. And I wanted to meet Joe Konrath in addition to FPW. I had planned to be there, but, well, you know how life is sometimes.

GU-4 is out for me, since it's in Florida. But I still hold hope that I'll be able to join in one day.

Sean

Equilibrium - Tony H - 01-12-2005

bkwormonthenet Wrote:Tony --

I'll certainly try. BTW, I just read your review of WHITE NOISE. Thanks for warning me and enabling me to save my money!

I was sorry to miss the GU-3 in Chicago (wasn't it Feb. 2004?), since it was probably the only one that will be close to me. And I wanted to meet Joe Konrath in addition to FPW. I had planned to be there, but, well, you know how life is sometimes.

GU-4 is out for me, since it's in Florida. But I still hold hope that I'll be able to join in one day.

Sean

One of these days I am sure the GU will make it's way back to Chicago, so dont you worry none. And as far as meeting Joe Konrath, I think you can find him at any given bar at any given time. He might be sitting there with Robert Walker. Big Grin