RepairmanJack.com Forums
Welcome To All The New Folks - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Welcome To All The New Folks (/thread-2803.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Welcome To All The New Folks - phoenix rising - 04-14-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:In New York, it's twenty just to =talk= to me.

Can I get a military discount????

Welcome To All The New Folks - Scott Miller - 04-14-2008

phoenix rising Wrote:Oh dang, only a couple minutes? Well a cheap date is never worth it let's up the offer to $50 and see where it takes us Big Grin

You get to detail me for $50. For another $50, I return the favor.

Welcome To All The New Folks - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-14-2008

phoenix rising Wrote:Can I get a military discount????

Of course. Remember THE LAST DETAIL? Jack Nicholson and Otis Young are Navy lifers who have to take a young fool played by Randy Quaid to Portsmouth Naval Prison. You don't want to go to Portsmouth. Every Marine commander in the world sends his most hopeless fuck-ups and crazies to be guards at that grim site. But Jack and Otis figure it's only right to show the poor schmuck a good time before they do what they gotta do. Whorehouse sounds good. The gracious madame meets them at the door. "Hi, boys. Navy's always welcome here! And you get your servicemens' discount too."

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Of course. Remember THE LAST DETAIL? Jack Nicholson and Otis Young are Navy lifers who have to take a young fool played by Randy Quaid to Portsmouth Naval Prison. You don't want to go to Portsmouth. Every Marine commander in the world sends his most hopeless fuck-ups and crazies to be guards at that grim site. But Jack and Otis figure it's only right to show the poor schmuck a good time before they do what they gotta do. Whorehouse sounds good. The gracious madame meets them at the door. "Hi, boys. Navy's always welcome here! And you get your servicemens' discount too."

Lol!!!!

Scott Miller Wrote:You get to detail me for $50. For another $50, I return the favor.

Detail eh? What does this "package" include at $100??????

Welcome To All The New Folks - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-14-2008

phoenix rising Wrote:Lol!!!!

That was a nice scene, but I thought the finest was when they try to buy the kid a drink in a DC bar. Nicholson played "Badass" Budowski:

Badass: Three beers here, bartender.
Bartender: Sorry, sailor. Can't serve you.
Badass: Oh. I getcha, I didn't say "please." Please?
Bartender: This kid's underage. I can't serve him. I'm thinking about my license.
Badass: All we want is three beers.
Bartender: I don't want no trouble here. Don't make me call the Shore Patrol.
Badass: The Shore Patrol? The Shore Patrol? (pulls out his .45 and slams it on the bar) I =AM= THE FUCKING SHORE PATROL!!!

Welcome To All The New Folks - Paul R - 04-15-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:It'll cost you a quarter.

Dang, that seems steep. How about if I [spoiler]just surround my bandwagon-hopping with this much discussed invisibilty shield[/spoiler]?

Welcome To All The New Folks - webby - 04-21-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:There seems to be many new people joining the fray and rather than welcoming everybody individually I'll just toss out this form letter hello and tell you all that your theories are making my brain itch. Don't you realize how painful it is for me to sift through my crippled memory banks to recall this stuff? You've got me wondering if I've even read the same books; keep up the good work.

Welcome New People!

[Image: sHa_grouphug3.gif]
Wow! There's a bunch of you!

PS: Scott, I'll give you a quarter next time I see you. Bwa-ha-ha-ha. Big Grin

Welcome To All The New Folks - Miskatonic & Gin - 04-21-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:There seems to be many new people joining the fray and rather than welcoming everybody individually I'll just toss out this form letter hello and tell you all that your theories are making my brain itch. Don't you realize how painful it is for me to sift through my crippled memory banks to recall this stuff? You've got me wondering if I've even read the same books; keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind welcome Scott! I'm very happy to be here!

Welcome To All The New Folks - Lupin Addams - 04-26-2008

Thanks for the kind welcome. Seems like a cool hangout.

I came to the RJ books and the full Ac only a month or so ago - read The Keep about when it came out & enjoyed it, disliked the film... heard rumours over the years about the AC and finally picked up my first RJ a few weeks ago. It was Harbingers... and I immediately got all the others in the full cycle and read them in chronological order.
(Though I'll save the revised Nightworld for after the last RJ!)