RepairmanJack.com Forums
Guilty Pleasures... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Guilty Pleasures... (/thread-277.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Guilty Pleasures... - fpw - 07-31-2004

Lisa Wrote:Maniac Cop 3 on laserdisk? HAHAHAHAHA!

Et tu, Lisa? Have you no sense of romance? It's a wonderful, tender love story.

Guilty Pleasures... - Noelie - 07-31-2004

I love funny horror too, and I have Lake Placid on VHS. My real guilty pleasures are the old Hammer Dracula movies. I love any and all of them, but particularly the ones with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing together. Loooove them, will stay up all damn night to watch them when they're on late night TV. Big Grin

Guilty Pleasures... - Kenji - 07-31-2004

Don't forget John Carpenters movies! He is Master of B-movies. Big Grin
Helloween, The Fog, The Thing, Christine, and Ghost of Mars....oh, but Starman was not B-movie. :p

Guilty Pleasures... - Don B - 08-01-2004

[QUOTE=ripper_bd]These are the movies that your friends hope you'll grow out of, that your family warn you about. The ones that you stay awake after your long-suffering partner has gone to bed for...
The movies that are bad for us, yet we watch them anyway!

Before there was Lexx, The Series there were three movies - I Worship His Shadow, Tales From A Parallel Universe, and Eating Pattern. Way weird, truly terrible, and yet... I really liked them!

Guilty Pleasures... - Scott Miller - 08-01-2004

ripper_bd Wrote:These are the movies that your friends hope you'll grow out of, that your family warn you about. The ones that you stay awake after your long-suffering partner has gone to bed for...

Its time to take the first step (exhales deeply and stands..)
"I'm Ben and I'm addicted to bad movies" Sad

For me it was The Monster Squad that started it(the best way to describe it is 'The Goonies' vs. the Universal Monsters!!!), I saw it maybe 15 years ago and the love of bad movies was born within me. :p

Many others followed... Flesh Gordon, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Carnosaur, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Hell Comes to Frogtown(starring 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper!)... A rollercoaster ride of bad special effects and worse acting. I've got it under control now, I think..
Although, occasionally I still hear Humanoids From the Deep calling to me....

Think of this a support group to exorcise your B-movie demons, let me know of any good bad movies I may have missed.

For those who need extra help check out http://www.badmovies.org

Remember aproblem shared is a problem halved, you no longer have to suffer alone! Big Grin
-BD

I just watched another one last night, Half-Caste. It is about an African version of a werewolf.

I've seen way too many to list, so I'll just mention a couple: Basket Case and 1990: The Bronx Warriors have to be the two most spectacularly bad films of all time, but if you need a good laugh...

Scott

Guilty Pleasures... - fpw - 08-01-2004

Biggles Wrote:Another had monsters that looked like brains with spinal columns attached.

Aha! Fiend Without a Face. The silliest monsters ever.

Guilty Pleasures... - jimbow8 - 08-01-2004

How about Psychos in Love? Here is a little quote: "I hate grapes! I can't stand grapes! I loathe grapes! All kinds of grapes! I hate purple grapes! I hate green grapes! I hate grapes with seeds! I hate grapes without seeds! I hate them peeled and non-peeled! I hate grapes in bunches, one at a time, or in groups of twos and threes! I fucking hate grapes!"

Yet he LOVES raisins!!!

Guilty Pleasures... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-01-2004

ripper_bd Wrote:These are the movies that your friends hope you'll grow out of, that your family warn you about. The ones that you stay awake after your long-suffering partner has gone to bed for...

Its time to take the first step (exhales deeply and stands..)
"I'm Ben and I'm addicted to bad movies" Sad

For me it was The Monster Squad that started it(the best way to describe it is 'The Goonies' vs. the Universal Monsters!!!), I saw it maybe 15 years ago and the love of bad movies was born within me. :p

Many others followed... Flesh Gordon, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Carnosaur, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Hell Comes to Frogtown(starring 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper!)... A rollercoaster ride of bad special effects and worse acting. I've got it under control now, I think..
Although, occasionally I still hear Humanoids From the Deep calling to me....

Think of this a support group to exorcise your B-movie demons, let me know of any good bad movies I may have missed.

For those who need extra help check out http://www.badmovies.org

Remember aproblem shared is a problem halved, you no longer have to suffer alone! Big Grin
-BD

I would say THE MYSTERIANS, came out in 1958, I think. See, these aliens fucked-up their planet, came our way, set up a base on the Moon, and land on Earth to abduct our lovely women so they can start breeding again.

What am I talking about?? It was =great=!

Guilty Pleasures... - Hung By The Neck Til Dead - 08-02-2004

Biggles Wrote:Another had monsters that looked like brains with spinal columns attached.

God Biggles, dude, my mom told me about that film when I was a kid, and we watched it on cable int he 80s, I think it was call The Brains. I need to call her to find out for sure but since we only talk every few months it may be a while till I find out.

Guilty Pleasures... - ripper_bd - 08-02-2004

fpw Wrote:Maniac Cop 3. Can't help it. It's so over the top I love it. Have it on laserdisk(!?!?!?!?)

I've got to admit, its the best of the series.... Although Bruce Campbell doesn't make an appearence.... And Robert Z'dar is a scary guy.
-BD