RepairmanJack.com Forums
Derailed - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Derailed (/thread-1879.html)

Pages: 1 2

Derailed - jimbow8 - 09-18-2006

sigokat Wrote:It was alright, but the good thing about the theater here is that the movies are free so I didn't waste any money on it. Overall it was okay, but the ending was a little bland. It seemed like a movie that was directed more at teenagers then anything else. On a side note on IMDB a lot of people were complaining about it; saying it gave Wiccans and Pagans a bad name. IMO, it didn't do any of that. It didn't even really touch the aspect of religions at all. I kept getting the kids confused because they all seem to look a like to me. Same hair styles, same voice tones...maybe I'm just getting old.

Yeah I'm from Elmhurst. Went to York. Darmstadter Exports are a type of beer from where I'm stationed in Germany. (Darmstadt, Germany) I don't know if you've ever been, but a lot of towns in Germany have their own breweries. I work in Darmstadt, but live in Pfungstadt which also has its own brewery, but I don't like their beer...too bitter. Darmstadter makes a bunch of different kinds...pils, radler, hiefewiezen, export, etc. The heife and the export are my favs.

Big Grin When I was in high school my brother got arrested in Woodstock while camping! Had some less then legal substances on him!! Idiot. I've never been myself.

I may be back in there area in Feb/March time frame! I'll let you know! No Darmstadter Exports, but we can figure something out!

Ok...back on topic...again...(I'm pretty good at this hijacking threads thing) Smile
I'm not one who generally cares about threads being hijacked (except turning non-political threads into political - some people don't like that).

So are you a big vampire fan? There was a thread a while back in which a bunch of us recommended vampire novels (and movies?).

Derailed - Sigokat - 09-18-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:I'm not one who generally cares about threads being hijacked (except turning non-political threads into political - some people don't like that).

So are you a big vampire fan? There was a thread a while back in which a bunch of us recommended vampire novels (and movies?).

Yeah I'm into the vampire stuff but not as much as I used to be. I really enjoy the D&D Ravenloft stuff that deals with vampires and there are some good vampire movies out there, but not many that I think are really great. I guess my fav is still Bram Stoker's Dracula. Yeah, Keanu sucked, but Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins more then made up for him and I enjoyed the book as well.

Funny story (or sad depending on how you look at it) when Interview with a Vampire came out I was in high school and I took this girl to go see it....big mistake!! The whole movie I had to listen to her say things like "Ohhh that Tom Cruise can suck my neck anytime!" Needless to say I never took her out again! I've also never read any Anne Rice stuff.