RepairmanJack.com Forums
Brokeback Mountain - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Brokeback Mountain (/thread-1372.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 12-20-2005

t4terrific Wrote:In the words of Eric Cartman, "just a bunch of gay cowboys eating pudding!".

And that's more than crass.

Brokeback Mountain - t4terrific - 12-20-2005

Maggers Wrote:And that's more than crass.

Indeed. That is why I wouldn't watch the film. There is no part of my psyche that is interested in watching the love story between two male cowboys. I will never "evolve" that much. There are some things, that will never be less than repulsive, and that is on the list.

Maggers Wrote:That's kind of crass. The film is about a whole lot more than just sex between men.

What do you do when you love someone and you know you will never have the life with that person that you so desire? Whether your a man or a woman, it's painful and the heartache may be something you never get over.

But Maggers, they are guys. Are you the judge here?

If two guys fall in love, that's their business. If you put it on display, for the world to see (and then shove it down peoples throats) then it becomes fair game. Guys desiring guys is repulsive to many (and their physical act of love is more than repulsive). It doesn't matter how much more advanced you are than the rest of us. Eventually you have to draw a line somewhere.

You can't put rubbish, like this, on display and then expect people not to speak their minds about it. What makes homosexuality so noble and admirable, that is is above criticism and above joking? What makes you think that you have the right to make those distinctions for everyone else?

Brokeback Mountain - Tony H - 12-20-2005

t4terrific Wrote:But Maggers, they are guys. Stop being so crass. Guys desiring guys is repulsive. It doesn't matter how much more advanced you are than the rest of us. Eventually you have to draw a line somewhere.

Damn homos, bad enough they're on TV... now in the movies as well! When will the madness end? I say we go burn vaginas on their front lawns! Heteros rule!

Brokeback Mountain - Lisa - 12-20-2005

t4terrific Wrote:If two guys fall in love, that's their business. If you put it on display, for the world to see (and then shove it down peoples throats) then it becomes fair game.

Interesting you should put it that way. Is there something you'd like to share with the class, Tommy?

Lisa

Brokeback Mountain - Marc - 12-20-2005

t4terrific Wrote:There are some things, that will never be less than repulsive, and that is on the list.

But does it swing both ways? Do you find woman on woman action repulsive or is that okay?

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 12-20-2005

t4terrific Wrote:But Maggers, they are guys. Are you the judge here?

If two guys fall in love, that's their business. If you put it on display, for the world to see (and then shove it down peoples throats) then it becomes fair game. Guys desiring guys is repulsive to many (and their physical act of love is more than repulsive). It doesn't matter how much more advanced you are than the rest of us. Eventually you have to draw a line somewhere.

You can't put rubbish, like this, on display and then expect people not to speak their minds about it. What makes homosexuality so noble and admirable, that is is above criticism and above joking? What makes you think that you have the right to make those distinctions for everyone else?

No one is shoving anything down your throat. As a wise man said once, vote with your feet. You don't like the movie, don't go to see it.

You seem quite upset. I'm not judging you, just your comment, which I found to be off color. It sounds to my ear that you are the one who is making distinctions and castigating those who disagree with you.

As I've said many times on this board, we are all entitled to our beliefs. That means I'm as entitled to mine as you are to yours. That also means, to me at any rate, that I wouldn't mock, ridicule or otherwise make you wrong for thinking or feeling as you do.

Lisa Wrote:Interesting you should put it that way. Is there something you'd like to share with the class, Tommy?

Lisa

Tommy?

Brokeback Mountain HAS been shoved down our throats. I saw three critical reviews on it last night. It was featured on the front of FYI in The Kansas City Star.

I don't know a single person, who finds this to be a desirable film. A movie about a gay love between two cowboys just doesn't attract most people. The media is trying to sell it so hard. They aren't mentioning the homosexual aspects of the story though. Why? It would hurt sales? Let's open the doors for artistic expression, but close the doors of information and close the doors on open discussion. You can say anything you want about the film as long as you don't mention gay as a negative. B.S.! Double even.

Maggers Wrote:No one is shoving anything down your throat. As a wise man said once, vote with your feet. You don't like the movie, don't go to see it.

You seem quite upset. I'm not judging you, just your comment, which I found to be off color. It sounds to my ear that you are the one who is making distinctions and castigating those who disagree with you.

As I've said many times on this board, we are all entitled to our beliefs. That means I'm as entitled to mine as you are to yours. That also means, to me at any rate, that I wouldn't mock, ridicule or otherwise make you wrong for thinking or feeling as you do.

Thanks.

Brokeback Mountain - Lisa - 12-20-2005

t4terrific Wrote:B.S.! Double even.

:eek: Double B.S.! Now you're just scaring me.

Lisa