RepairmanJack.com Forums
Rock Star: INXS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Rock Star: INXS (/thread-1130.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rock Star: INXS - Scott Hajek - 08-12-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:You are aware that there IS a Bobby Brown reality show, right?

That depends on what your definition of "reality" is. Kinda like the Tommy Lee show, Anna Nicole Smith's show or anything with Paris Hilton.

These types of shows should be reclassified as "celebrity idiocy as voyeurism."

Rock Star: INXS - The Mad American - 08-15-2005

I agree with the sentiment in the first few posts on this show.

I think Jordis is awesome. Her cover of the Bowie song "The Man who sold the world" was amazing. She is in my opinion the best vocalist by far on the show but I don't think she will win because she would be better doing something other then singing with INXS.

I too believe MIG will win because he is an Aussie and because his background is theater and he has a very moldable (word?) voice that is very trained so they can do with him whatever they want.

I was very glad to see that annoying idjit Brandon go I must say....what is up with the bad 70's hair do and the 1 inch pony tail? Bleh.

One thing I will say, I think JD has done some cool arrangements and may understand the band concept better then anyone else on the show. The Alannis Moressette song he did and changed the arrangement on was very cool and I really really didn't like the song before that( for some reason drawing a blank on what the song was...damn age!!). He also helped the girl who did the R.E.M song and changed the arrangement on it.

Rock Star: INXS - law dawg - 08-15-2005

The Mad American Wrote:I agree with the sentiment in the first few posts on this show.

I think Jordis is awesome. Her cover of the Bowie song "The Man who sold the world" was amazing. She is in my opinion the best vocalist by far on the show but I don't think she will win because she would be better doing something other then singing with INXS.

I too believe MIG will win because he is an Aussie and because his background is theater and he has a very moldable (word?) voice that is very trained so they can do with him whatever they want.

I was very glad to see that annoying idjit Brandon go I must say....what is up with the bad 70's hair do and the 1 inch pony tail? Bleh.

One thing I will say, I think JD has done some cool arrangements and may understand the band concept better then anyone else on the show. The Alannis Moressette song he did and changed the arrangement on was very cool and I really really didn't like the song before that( for some reason drawing a blank on what the song was...damn age!!). He also helped the girl who did the R.E.M song and changed the arrangement on it.
Did you see last night's show where they had to create lyrics for a INXS song? Broke into two teams. JD did not like the way his team wanted to go and did his own version. His was by far the better of the three created. Even Dave Navarro said so.

I think Marty may be the best, although for vocal power it is hard to top Jordis and Ty.

That said, JD or Mig would be best for INXS image and stylistical-wise.

Rock Star: INXS - Scott Hajek - 08-15-2005

JD did nail the song. Jordis' writing ability was not so good.

And what was up with the other song? Were they trying out for NSync instead of INXS?

Rock Star: INXS - law dawg - 08-15-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:JD did nail the song. Jordis' writing ability was not so good.

And what was up with the other song? Were they trying out for NSync instead of INXS?
LOL!! I think so. They were so proud of themselves.....

Rock Star: INXS - Richard Kendrick - 08-16-2005

law dawg Wrote:Did you see last night's show where they had to create lyrics for a INXS song? Broke into two teams. JD did not like the way his team wanted to go and did his own version. His was by far the better of the three created. Even Dave Navarro said so.

I think Marty may be the best, although for vocal power it is hard to top Jordis and Ty.

That said, JD or Mig would be best for INXS image and stylistical-wise.

Trust me, INXS are not looking for a songwriter or a lyricist... just a singer with a good look and good voice. Watch the movie "Rock Star" -- That scenario ("The album is already written ... [So and So] and I WRITE the songs... You SING the songs. Are we clear?") is probably closer to what will happen with INXS and their new singer. The singer will have to be okay with that.

RIK

Rock Star: INXS - Scott Hajek - 08-17-2005

Tonight's concert show had two of the best performances yet.

Mig singing Peter Frampton was fantastic.

But, Marty channelling Kurt Cobain doing Britney Spears was one of the most ironic performances ever. And, it was entertaining, too.

Rock Star: INXS - The Mad American - 08-17-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Tonight's concert show had two of the best performances yet.

Mig singing Peter Frampton was fantastic.

But, Marty channelling Kurt Cobain doing Britney Spears was one of the most ironic performances ever. And, it was entertaining, too.

I agree with you on both points. The Brintney Spears song by Marty cracked me up. THought he may have an aneurism there for sec.

I have been disappointed with Jordis' performance's over the last few shows. She has by far my favorite voice on the show, its just she hasn't really been showing it too well lately.

I finally got to see the song writing episode (VH1 has been replaying the episodes) Man did the song that won suck..."Stop!Go!" I thought Navarro nailed it when he said it sounded like something from the Electric company.

Rock Star: INXS - The Mad American - 08-17-2005

Richard Kendrick Wrote:Trust me, INXS are not looking for a songwriter or a lyricist... just a singer with a good look and good voice. Watch the movie "Rock Star" -- That scenario ("The album is already written ... [So and So] and I WRITE the songs... You SING the songs. Are we clear?") is probably closer to what will happen with INXS and their new singer. The singer will have to be okay with that.

RIK

I agree and thats why I think MIG will win this. He comes from theater and has a very big range with his voice so INXS will be able to mold him into what they want.

Rock Star: INXS - Scott Hajek - 08-18-2005

The Mad American Wrote:I agree with you on both points. The Brintney Spears song by Marty cracked me up. THought he may have an aneurism there for sec.

I just watched the video clip of this song again. You're right. It looks like his head was just about to explode.