RepairmanJack.com Forums
Black Wind limited coming out! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Black Wind limited coming out! (/thread-970.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Black Wind limited coming out! - Biggles - 05-24-2005

I just got an email from Borderlands that a new limited edition of Black Wind will be published. There will be only 350 numbered and 26 lettered copies.

Black Wind limited coming out! - Scott Hajek - 05-24-2005

Did you reserve your copy already?

Black Wind limited coming out! - Biggles - 05-24-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Did you reserve your copy already?

I did. "A" was taken, so I ordered "B" as in Biggles. Smile

Black Wind limited coming out! - Scott Miller - 05-24-2005

Biggles Wrote:I just got an email from Borderlands that a new limited edition of Black Wind will be published. There will be only 350 numbered and 26 lettered copies.

I don't normally 'collect', buuutttt Black Wind happens to be the greatest book ever written and maybe I can convince my relatives to chip in towards something I want as opposed to something they think I might like and pull this off. I assume I can get the price off the Borderlands site or you can post it.

Black Wind limited coming out! - fpw - 05-24-2005

Here's the email. Since it's limited to 350 copies, they're giving their regulars first crack. Elizabeth gave me the okay to reprint it here. A bit pricey I think, but they're going all out -- Japanese silk and other bells and whistles.

To Our Customer Mailing List ONLY!

We're happy to announce a very special limited edition of

Black Wind

This book is widely considered to be F. Paul Wilson's finest novel.

Up until now, it was largely unavailable in hardcover because of its initial small print run.

Limited to 350 copies

Numbered
Signed
Slipcased
$100.00 plus s&h

($5 in US contact us for international rates)

Lettered edition

Signed
Tray Cased
Handpainted end sheets
$350 plus $12 UPS insured in Continental US (contact us for international rates)

To reserve your copy e-mail sales@borderlandspress.com (subject line Black Wind)

Black Wind limited coming out! - Scott Miller - 05-24-2005

fpw Wrote:Here's the email. Since it's limited to 350 copies, they're giving their regulars first crack. Elizabeth gave me the okay to reprint it here. A bit pricey I think, but they're going all out -- Japanese silk and other bells and whistles.

Limited to 350 copies

Numbered
Signed
Slipcased
$100.00 plus s&h

($5 in US contact us for international rates)

To reserve your copy e-mail sales@borderlandspress.com (subject line Black Wind)

Well that sounds good to me and my birthday only a month away. Do you think they would take my money despite not being a regular?

Black Wind limited coming out! - APhew - 05-25-2005

Can't wait for this one. A crown jewel in any collection.

What all is left that hasn't seen a limited edition? Sibs, Soft & Others, the "Medical Trilogy" as I like to call it (Select, Implant, and Deep as the Marrow). It would be really neat to see the LaNague stuff in a limited edition. Maybe a huge omnibus edition that has everything in it (novels, short stories, etc..) in chronological order. Anything I'm forgetting?

Black Wind limited coming out! - Marc - 05-25-2005

Unfortunately it's to rich for me. I guess I'll have to be happy with my used hard cover edition.

Black Wind limited coming out! - Paul R - 05-25-2005

Question for the collectors: this might sound daft, but when you buy a super limited edition like the above Black Wind, do you actually read it or does it just sit there looking nice?

Black Wind limited coming out! - cyber-jack - 05-25-2005

Paul R Wrote:Question for the collectors: this might sound daft, but when you buy a super limited edition like the above Black Wind, do you actually read it or does it just sit there looking nice?

It depends, at least for me, on a few things. I've read all of the Gauntlet Limiteds that I have because unlike some limited editions, the Gauntlet titles actually come out BEFORE the trade editions. Same with my Stephen King limited Dark Tower books from Donald M. Grant. I have flipped through my Cemetery Dance limited of Midnight Mass, but probably won't read it, because I had already read the trade edition over a year before the limited was released.

I just purchased a limited of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot from Centipede Press, which I will read because of the inclusion of previously deleted material, and because it's been awhile since I've read 'Salem's Lot.

I'm not afraid to handle my limited editions, though I do cover the DJ in an acid free brodart cover. Anyone else who attempts to handle one though, risks losing their fingers. This is where those DJ covers come in so handy, they keep the blood stains to a minimum.