RepairmanJack.com Forums
Infernal ARC! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Infernal ARC! (/thread-601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Infernal ARC! - cyber-jack - 01-07-2005

Hey Paul-

Any chance of you distributing a few Infernal ARCs to your faithful fans here on the board? Perhaps a contest or random drawing? Of course, if you want to, you could just send me a copy, I'll gladly proof read it for you.

Otherwise, I may have to kidnap other members of the board and hold them hostage until the ARCs are released...any volunteers out there?

Infernal ARC! - fpw - 01-07-2005

cyber-jack Wrote:Hey Paul-

Any chance of you distributing a few Infernal ARCs to your faithful fans here on the board? Perhaps a contest or random drawing? Of course, if you want to, you could just send me a copy, I'll gladly proof read it for you.

Not a bad idea. But we're a long way from ARC stage.

Infernal ARC! - Biggles - 01-07-2005

cyber-jack Wrote:Hey Paul-

Otherwise, I may have to kidnap other members of the board and hold them hostage until the ARCs are released...any volunteers out there?

You can forget about kidnapping me. My attack Pug would never let you past her!

Infernal ARC! - Biggles - 01-07-2005

fpw Wrote:Not a bad idea. But we're a long way from ARC stage.

I have 2 eBay searches saved aimed at finding your ARCs. Usually they only come up with Black Wind. The only two ARCs I have are Crisscross and Sims. How long before release date are ARCs usually sent out?

Biggles Wrote:How long before release date are ARCs usually sent out?

Usually a couple of months -- in order to allow for the lead time in review journals. I get the feeling that Gauntlet is going to do fewer of them, since Barry has mentioned that he doesn't need reviews to sell out the print run. I see reviews as free publicity announcing the book's existence, but pre-orders are running so high lately that reviews may be redundant.

Infernal ARC! - Ken Valentine - 01-07-2005

Biggles Wrote:You can forget about kidnapping me. My attack Pug would never let you past her!

That fearsome glint in her eye would sure scare me away.

Ken V.

Infernal ARC! - Maggers - 01-07-2005

fpw Wrote:Usually a couple of months -- in order to allow for the lead time in review journals. I get the feeling that Gauntlet is going to do fewer of them, since Barry has mentioned that he doesn't need reviews to sell out the print run. I see reviews as free publicity announcing the book's existence, but pre-orders are running so high lately that reviews may be redundant.

FPW, I've always wondered about the lack of publicity for your work, or should I say, what I perceive to be a lack of publicity for you or your work. I'd love to see you on "The Today Show" or "Jay Leno," or, closer to home and more to my liking, "Conan O'Brien." I'd bet you'd by quite enjoyable to watch on the small screen.

If I hadn't stumbled upon you all by myself all those many years ago, I never would have found you otherwise. Lordy, that sounds like a love lament. I mean I would never have found the wonderfully twisted literary world of FPW and his many creations.

Maggers Wrote:FPW, I've always wondered about the lack of publicity for your work, or should I say, what I perceive to be a lack of publicity for you or your work. I'd love to see you on "The Today Show" or "Jay Leno," or, closer to home and more to my liking, "Conan O'Brien."

Unless you're a brand name like King or Grisham, or have a book on a super-hot topic, novelists don't make it to network TV. (And if they do, they rarely discuss the book.) Most of the authors you see are either already celebrities or are pushing non-fiction.

I do lots of radio interviews for each book, but after I've discussed the character and the subject of the novel -- and the goddamn movie, of course -- there's not much left. Can't give the plot away.

Infernal ARC! - jimbow8 - 01-07-2005

fpw Wrote:I do lots of radio interviews for each book, but after I've discussed the character and the subject of the novel -- and the goddamn movie, of course -- there's not much left. Can't give the plot away.
I did a spit-take on that one! Any news?

Infernal ARC! - cyber-jack - 01-07-2005

Biggles Wrote:You can forget about kidnapping me. My attack Pug would never let you past her!

What is that, cataracts in your attack pooch's eye? I was hoping for volunteers willing to split the booty with me, not threats from killer dogs who look suspiciously like Mr. Magoo. I always wondered what happened to that old cartoon...now I know!

Thanks Biggles.