RepairmanJack.com Forums
REPRISAL tpb - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: REPRISAL tpb (/thread-3877.html)

Pages: 1 2

REPRISAL tpb - fpw - 07-31-2010

while THE DARK AT THE END marinates, I began working on tweaking REPRISAL for its TPB release next year. Just reached the Christmas Week sequence in the flashback and had to stop. Had a hard time writing that and still have a hard time reading it. Might be the most upsetting thing I've ever written.

REPRISAL tpb - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-31-2010

fpw Wrote:while THE DARK AT THE END marinates, I began working on tweaking REPRISAL for its TPB release next year. Just reached the Christmas Week sequence in the flashback and had to stop. Had a hard time writing that and still have a hard time reading it. Might be the most upsetting thing I've ever written.

I found several scenes =extremely= disturbing. But that was doubtless due to my sweet and sensitive nature. RolleyesConfusedmilewinkgrin:

REPRISAL tpb - A-dono - 07-31-2010

I don't blame you. I had a hard time reading it, too, but it was a hell of a powerful story.

REPRISAL tpb - Brian - 07-31-2010

That's interesting. Something that you've written, upsets you as much as it does the reader. You've given me pause, a few times.

REPRISAL tpb - ccosborne3 - 09-04-2010

fpw Wrote:while THE DARK AT THE END marinates, I began working on tweaking REPRISAL for its TPB release next year. Just reached the Christmas Week sequence in the flashback and had to stop. Had a hard time writing that and still have a hard time reading it. Might be the most upsetting thing I've ever written.

Lol, there's a few more surprises coming, wait until you get to the end. Wink

Just to mention it. That sucker punch in the gut you came up with is the reason I've come back to your stuff again and again. Not many authors have been able to pull that type of stunt off.

REPRISAL tpb - Monquito - 09-05-2010

Having never read the old edition I am looking forward to this very much.....

REPRISAL tpb - rjack_fan - 09-05-2010

I'm patiently waiting to read it in TPB. It's getting very hard not to break into my Borderlands set though - I've never read Reprisal.

REPRISAL tpb - The Mad American - 09-05-2010

I envy you guys who still have some of these books to read for the first time. You're in for lots of late nights, can't put this book down moments.

REPRISAL tpb - itchittyitch - 09-11-2010

Decided to read Nightworld (the original) earlier this week. That lead me to read Reprisal again. After finishing the THEN section last night I thought of coming on the board to comment on it, and what do I find:

fpw Wrote:. . . Just reached the Christmas Week sequence in the flashback and had to stop. Had a hard time writing that and still have a hard time reading it. Might be the most upsetting thing I've ever written.

How many times did you have to walk away from the word processor while writing that bit of twisted depravity? And how could you be so cruel to Father Bill? Such a good man doesn't deserve the hell you put him through.

REPRISAL tpb - somevelvetmorning - 09-27-2010

i was initially horrified when i read reprisal a couple of months ago, but now i think that the content really was necessary to add to the intensity of the story and the evil nature of the villain.