RepairmanJack.com Forums
Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Paul Newman Dead At 83 (/thread-3061.html)

Pages: 1 2

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Kenji - 09-27-2008

Just now I heard this sad news at CNN.

Paul Newman died. I really missed him. I always enjoyed his movies. "Cool Hand Luke", "The Sting", "Slap Shot".... and of course "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was his best movie.

R.I.P., Paul Newman.....:cryin:

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Legion - 09-27-2008

Kenji Wrote:Just now I heard this sad news at CNN.

Paul Newman died. I really missed him. I always enjoyed his movies. "Cool Hand Luke", "The Sting", "Slap Shot".... and of course "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was his best movie.

Dude... this just shot my day to hell... Gods damnit.

He was one of the few decent guys in Hollywood. Here's a fact for ya. His line of foods ( cookies, sauces, etc) he didn't make a cent off of. Every last cent of profit made from them was given to charity.

He was a hell of an actor. A hell of a human being. We'll miss you, Mister Newman.

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Libby - 09-27-2008

Kenji Wrote:Just now I heard this sad news at CNN.

That is so sad. He was a good man.Sad

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - mad4tunes - 09-27-2008

Libby Wrote:That is so sad. He was a good man.Sad

He was, indeed...I met him once at a charity function, and actually got into a conversation with him about music.

I was surprised (although I'm sure I shouldn't have been) by the breadth of his musical tastes.

His daughter, Nell, is just as nice as Paul was.

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - cobalt - 09-27-2008

What a loss! Great actor, humanitarian and general all around good guy. He lived in CT, I would see him rambling around the Post Rd every once in a while......nicer guy you couldn't meet. Sad

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Wapitikev - 09-27-2008

This news about matches the day I'm having. Mr. Newman, you will be sorely missed.

-Wapitikev

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Ken Valentine - 09-27-2008

Legion Wrote:Dude... this just shot my day to hell... Gods damnit.

He was one of the few decent guys in Hollywood. Here's a fact for ya. His line of foods ( cookies, sauces, etc) he didn't make a cent off of. Every last cent of profit made from them was given to charity.

He was a hell of an actor. A hell of a human being. We'll miss you, Mister Newman.
He, and his wife Joanne woodward were also as vehemently against private ownership of firearms as anyone could be. But they didn't make much noise about it.

Ken V.

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - KRW - 10-01-2008

That is sad news. "Cool Hand Luke" has always been one of my favorite movies.

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Scott Miller - 10-01-2008

He's definitely one of my all time favorite actors and seemed like good people. Hopefully they'll cook his eggs wherever he ends up.

Paul Newman Dead At 83 - Legion - 10-01-2008

Ken Valentine Wrote:He, and his wife Joanne woodward were also as vehemently against private ownership of firearms as anyone could be. But they didn't make much noise about it.

Ken V.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but at the same time, like you said, they didn't go out and preach about their views. Even the most intelligent men have flaws.

Besides, think of all of the children with cancer who have enjoyed their few too-short years because of his camps.