RepairmanJack.com Forums
badges we dont need to stinking badges - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: badges we dont need to stinking badges (/thread-2795.html)

Pages: 1 2

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Aprilis - 04-08-2008

So I'm sitting at work and this dude that sits a couple of cubes down is talking about Blazing saddles and says that the quote 'Badges, We dont need no stinking badges' came from this movie.

So I told him while it may have been in this movie thats not where it came from. I told him it was The Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Bogart.

He said that Sierra Madre doesnt count because no one has ever seen it.

we are still argueing about it.....

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Don B - 04-08-2008

Aprilis Wrote:So I'm sitting at work and this dude that sits a couple of cubes down is talking about Blazing saddles and says that the quote 'Badges, We dont need no stinking badges' came from this movie.

So I told him while it may have been in this movie thats not where it came from. I told him it was The Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Bogart.

Well, I have! I am hardly the person to argue that there are movies that everyone has seen (I have never seen Gone With the Wind, which astounds my girlfriend) but it is amazing that someone would think The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is a movie no one has seen. I commend you for making the effort but I do not think you will win the argument. There are some people you can't tell a thing (to).

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Anders Monsen - 04-09-2008

Aprilis Wrote:So I'm sitting at work and this dude that sits a couple of cubes down is talking about Blazing saddles and says that the quote 'Badges, We dont need no stinking badges' came from this movie.

I've seen the movie, and I read the book! LOL

badges we dont need to stinking badges - DogWoman - 04-09-2008

ACK! I've had this same discussion a million times. I generally ask those people why they thought it was funny in Blazing Saddles if they had never seen Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Good luck to you.

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Schwinn160 - 04-09-2008

Blazing Saddles might be the first movie to feature a lot of things, but I don't think that line was one of them... Smile

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-09-2008

He means =he= has never seen it. Too bad! Someday, maybe, he'll join the civilized folk.

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Sigokat - 04-09-2008

Aprilis, I hate to be the one to break this to you but...

This "dude" you work with...

He's an idiot.

badges we dont need to stinking badges - jimbow8 - 04-09-2008

Treasure currently has a rating of 8.5/10 and is ranked #52 on their Top 250 movies of all time on IMDb with 21,655 votes. That's hardly "nobody."

And Don B, I have never seen Gone With the Wind, either.

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Ken Valentine - 04-09-2008

jimbow8 Wrote:Treasure currently has a rating of 8.5/10 and is ranked #52 on their Top 250 movies of all time on IMDb with 21,655 votes. That's hardly "nobody."

Not to mention the fact that it was nominated for four Academy Awards . . . and won three of them.

And for those who are interested, here's a list of all the other awards it garnered: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040897/awards

Quote:And Don B, I have never seen Gone With the Wind, either.

I've never seen Blazing Saddles.

The guy is probably just annoyed because Aprilis proved him wrong.

Ken V.

badges we dont need to stinking badges - Aprilis - 04-10-2008

DogWoman Wrote:ACK! I've had this same discussion a million times. I generally ask those people why they thought it was funny in Blazing Saddles if they had never seen Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Good luck to you.

exactly!