RepairmanJack.com Forums
Cinderella Man - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Cinderella Man (/thread-1376.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cinderella Man - ShadowLord - 12-12-2005

Rented this movie over the weekend..

Double thumbs up --

Good acting, Good Action and the movie was just well done overall. One of those movies where your left with a good feeling at the end.

Worth a watch by all -- and its not really just a "guy" type of film either, more then enough of a story line to catagoize this as a date film..

Enjoy

ShadowLord

Cinderella Man - The Mad American - 12-12-2005

ShadowLord Wrote:Rented this movie over the weekend..

Double thumbs up --

Good acting, Good Action and the movie was just well done overall. One of those movies where your left with a good feeling at the end.

Woth a watch by all -- and its not really just a "guy" type of film either, more then enough of a story line to catagoize this as a date film..

Enjoy

ShadowLord

Saw this in the theaters and very much enjoyed it. THought it was very well done on all fronts.

Got the DVD on order. Big Grin

Cinderella Man - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 12-12-2005

ShadowLord Wrote:Rented this movie over the weekend..

Double thumbs up --

Woth a watch by all -- and its not really just a "guy" type of film either, more then enough of a story line to catagoize this as a date film..

Enjoy

ShadowLord

I liked it too. Russell Crowe may be a self-important scumbag in real life, but the hombre knows how to act. Great scene--where Jimmy goes to the rich mens' club to ask--beg--for money to get the heat turned back on so his children don't freeze.

Cinderella Man - The Mad American - 12-12-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I liked it too. Russell Crowe may be a self-important scumbag in real life, but the hombre knows how to act. Great scene--where Jimmy goes to the rich mens' club to ask--beg--for money to get the heat turned back on so his children don't freeze.

Ah man that scene tore me up. I am not an emotional person (i.e. I don't cry a lot, I get pissed and moody but not a real big cryer) but man that scene brought a tear to my eye.

I think its because if I was in the same situation I don't know if I could swallow my pride in being a bread winner and working man and do that, I would hope I could for the sake of my family but man, what a horribly humbling situation that would have been.

The Mad American Wrote:Ah man that scene tore me up. I am not an emotional person (i.e. I don't cry a lot, I get pissed and moody but not a real big cryer) but man that scene brought a tear to my eye.

I think its because if I was in the same situation I don't know if I could swallow my pride in being a bread winner and working man and do that, I would hope I could for the sake of my family but man, what a horribly humbling situation that would have been.

Hear yez, MadAm--I think that was the power of the scene. "I think you all know me well enough to know I wouldn't do this if I had anyplace else to turn..." A strong, proud man reduced to begging before hombres not worthy to lace up his gloves. For his children. For his little ones.

Cinderella Man - Kenji - 12-12-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I liked it too. Russell Crowe may be a self-important scumbag in real life, but the hombre knows how to act. Great scene--where Jimmy goes to the rich mens' club to ask--beg--for money to get the heat turned back on so his children don't freeze.

Incontestably, "Cinderella Man" is one of the best movies in this year. Your mentioned scene made me cry.

Rocky, Champ, Raging Bull, Million dollar baby, and Cinderella man....I like boxing movies!

Kenji Wrote:Incontestably, "Cinderella Man" is one of the best movies in this year. Your mentioned scene made me cry.

Rocky, Champ, Raging Bull, Million dollar baby, and Cinderella man....I like boxing movies!

I like 'em too, Kenji. Great line in the remake of THE CHAMP: "Whadda ya doin'? He's an old man!" "He don't hit like no old man..."

Cinderella Man - ShadowLord - 12-12-2005

It's very interesting how almost everyone has focused on that one "classic scene" -- Even I found it very powerfull and while watching the film explained to my son how hard it was for a man of honour to step down and make a request like that.
I also pointed out what an insult it was when the "big tycoons ...only coughed up spare change"
It was great when we went back to repay all of the money he was given from social assistance.

ShadowLord Wrote:It's very interesting how almost everyone has focused on that one "classic scene" -- Even I found it very powerfull and while watching the film explained to my son how hard it was for a man of honour to step down and make a request like that.
I also pointed out what an insult it was when the "big tycoons ...only coughed up spare change"
It was great when we went back to repay all of the money he was given from social assistance.

That's right, ShadowLord! You'd think one of the bigshots would have taken Jimmy aside, slipped him some sweet coin, and said, "You pay me back when you can, Jimmy...and listen--you need anything for your kids or your wife before you get back on your feet, you come to me. Don't beg before these scumbags. That's what they love. You come to me. Hey, us Micks stick together, right? Good times and bad. We stick together."

Cinderella Man - fpw - 12-17-2005

I don’t like boxing, but I liked this film. Overlong, but its depiction of life in the Great Depression is haunting. I FF’d through the last fight because I’d seen enough boxing for the night.

FF= 0.5