RepairmanJack.com Forums
Hostage - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Hostage (/thread-1182.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hostage - fpw - 09-04-2005

FF= 0

Really well-paced with a neat complication. The kid who plays Mars gives one of the scariest, creepiest performances I've seen in a long, long time.

Hostage - Kenji - 09-04-2005

fpw Wrote:FF= 0

Really well-paced with a neat complication. The kid who plays Mars gives one of the scariest, creepiest performances I've seen in a long, long time.

I agree. This is exactly "Return of Bruno"! And, yes, Mars was weird. Two "Heaven can wait" DVDs were very effective. It was good idea for suspense. Like a Hitchkock movie.

Hostage - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 09-04-2005

fpw Wrote:FF= 0

There's a review of the flick in the new UNCUT. The reviewer gives it 2 stars out of 5. I can only think that English film critics have an animus against American action movies. An effete crew. (As opposed to the British braves who stand with us in Iraq--God bless them, as they write proud new chapters in their regiments' storied histories.)

Hostage - jimbow8 - 09-04-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:There's a review of the flick in the new UNCUT. The reviewer gives it 2 stars out of 5. I can only think that English film critics have an animus against American action movies. An effete crew. (As opposed to the British braves who stand with us in Iraq--God bless them, as they write proud new chapters in their regiments' storied histories.)
Way to irrelevantly bring politics into a movie review. Thanks.

Hostage - t4terrific - 09-04-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Way to irrelevantly bring politics into a movie review. Thanks.

Only a a true pacifist would be bothered by someone praising soldiers who bravely serve their country. Honoring service men and women isn't a political debate. Go hug a tree. That would be irrelevant.

jimbow8 Wrote:Way to irrelevantly bring politics into a movie review. Thanks.

Everything I do is beautiful, Jimbo. But let me put it in words even =I= could understand. I was making a comparison between a critic resting his buttocks in an air-conditioned theater and men fighting for Western civilization in a place not quite so benign. Or are you saying politics and film are mutually exclusive? If so, check out, say, BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN. You might have heard of it.

t4terrific Wrote:Only a a true pacifist would be bothered by someone praising soldiers who bravely serve their country. Honoring service men and women isn't a political debate. Go hug a tree. That would be irrelevant.

Thank you, t4--you understood my point.

Hostage - jimbow8 - 09-04-2005

You are the same people who are probably complaining about others "bringing politics" into the situation in New Orleans. "Now is not the time to point fingers." How hypocrital.

Jim

Won't respond to any more comments about this in this thread.

Sorry to hijack your movie review, Paul.

Hostage - t4terrific - 09-04-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Thank you, t4--you understood my point.

I did like Hostage though. I wouldn't put it in my top 200 list, but it's good enough to be in my dvd collection.

Hostage - Maggers - 09-04-2005

I think Jim is making the point that your comments are simply off-topic, Mike. This is the TV and Film Discussion thread. Politics goes somewhere else. That's all.