RepairmanJack.com Forums
Elektra - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Elektra (/thread-1042.html)

Pages: 1 2

Elektra - fpw - 06-29-2005

This wasn't bad. I'd heard a disparaging word or two about it, but I found it diverting. I give it an FF rating* of 1, which means I was engaged. Maybe because of the villains, who I found more interesting than the heroine, though the girl who played Abby was good. But why-why-why did Jennifer Garner stroll around like a model on a catwalk? (Halle Berry did the same in Catwoman.) It's so unatural and very, very hokey.

* My brand-new rating system, gauged by use of the FF button in increments of 10% of running time. If I FF'd through a tenth of the film (ie, 9 minutes of a 90-min film), its FF rating is 1. Thus, the lower the FF rating, the higher my level of engagement. (Note, I didn't say the better the film. Crap can engage me.)

Elektra - jimbow8 - 06-29-2005

fpw Wrote:This wasn't bad. I'd heard a disparaging word or two about it, but I found it diverting. I give it an FF rating* of 1, which means I was engaged. Maybe because of the villains, who I found more interesting than the heroine, though the girl who played Abby was good. But why-why-why did Jennifer Garner stroll around like a model on a catwalk? (Halle Berry did the same in Catwoman.) It's so unatural and very, very hokey.

* My brand-new rating system, gauged by use of the FF button in increments of 10% of running time. If I FF'd through a tenth of the film (ie, 9 minutes of a 90-min film), its FF rating is 1. Thus, the lower the FF rating, the higher my level of engagement. (Note, I didn't say the better the film. Crap can engage me.)
I didn't hate this movie, but I definitely didn't think it was good. Garner was good eye candy, but the plot was just rehashed from these type of movies. It brought in the mystical to the DareDevil/Elektra world, which I wasn't fond of. The movie had good effect and looked good, but I got sick of watching white sheets drift through the air, etc.

I like the new rating system. Big Grin

Elektra - Kenji - 06-29-2005

fpw Wrote:This wasn't bad. I'd heard a disparaging word or two about it, but I found it diverting. I give it an FF rating* of 1, which means I was engaged. Maybe because of the villains, who I found more interesting than the heroine, though the girl who played Abby was good. But why-why-why did Jennifer Garner stroll around like a model on a catwalk? (Halle Berry did the same in Catwoman.) It's so unatural and very, very hokey.

A little while ago I saw Elektra in theater. Surprisingly, when I entered to theater, an audience was only one. It's me! :eek:

Action sequences were good, but story was unreasonable....why are always they using Ninja? And...what? Kimagure? Gosh..... Rolleyes

Elektra - jimbow8 - 06-29-2005

What is Kimagure?

Elektra - Kenji - 06-29-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:What is Kimagure?

Hmm......in this movie, "Kimagure"'s meaning is "Team of good warriors". On the other hand, "The Hand".

I don't know why they are "Kimagure". Kimagure's true meaning is "caprice".

Elektra - Scott Hajek - 06-29-2005

Kenji Wrote:A little while ago I saw Elektra in theater. Surprisingly, when I entered to theater, an audience was only one. It's me!

I still haven't had the luck to be an audience of one (or just me and friends). There is always a spoiler. Saw Mummy Returns and there was an obnoxious, old couple that had to pick the seats in front of me and my brother. Whole theatre empty, and they ended up rude.

Elektra - Jay #1 - 06-29-2005

You've got to admit at least that Elektra's costume is an exact duplicate of the comic version.

There were a few down sides to the movie... like, when did she rejoin Daredevil? I thought they were in love. but I loved it anyway.

There was one thing that irritated me... when i bought the ticket to see it, the guy commented snidely "You know, I have yet to see any women buying tickets to see this."

fpw Wrote: But why-why-why did Jennifer Garner stroll around like a model on a catwalk? (Halle Berry did the same in Catwoman.) It's so unatural and very, very hokey.

Elektra - Gerald Rice - 06-30-2005

I hated the little girl. It's always the ones who most deserve to die who wind up living. She was really good at getting in the way. And why'd that dude (minor spoiler) die for them? He was obviously pissed that she brought them there and if I'm not mistaken, he even said something about her getting him killed. And I still don't get how Elektra could have beaten that really fast guy, I mean, he was really fast.

Elektra - Kenji - 07-01-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:I hated the little girl. It's always the ones who most deserve to die who wind up living. She was really good at getting in the way. And why'd that dude (minor spoiler) die for them? He was obviously pissed that she brought them there and if I'm not mistaken, he even said something about her getting him killed. And I still don't get how Elektra could have beaten that really fast guy, I mean, he was really fast.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say! That little girl(I don't remember her name), at first, she's running away from bad guys, but suddenly she changed to strong girl. That's not made a sense to me. Rolleyes

Well, but ....I like action sequences. Bob Sap made me laugh. Big Grin

Elektra - Marc - 07-01-2005

Kenji Wrote:I don't know why they are "Kimagure". Kimagure's true meaning is "caprice".

Well, I've been trying to figure out for years what the anime title Kimagure Orange Road meant and this clears it up. Thanks Kenji!