RepairmanJack.com Forums
Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend (/thread-969.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - ShadowLord - 05-24-2005

Well the title says it all and there are a ton of movies and series we can all list..

Guess I get to start off with two series that I really enjoyed watching, both were BBC productions that are TOP NOTCH historical drama pieces.

A) The Horatio Hornblower series -- I watched them all on A&E and just LOVED them -- I couldnt wait for addtional shows to come out and they did. Great acting, great action and really well filmed. I think this set of movies will be my next major BOX SET PURCHASE. ( I actually enjoyed the series more then Master and Commander).
Never read the books.
B) The Richard Sharpe series set during the Napoleonic War era. I read all the books long before the movies/tv series came out and thinky they did a great job tansferring it to the screen.

Ok there you have just two series of movies I really enjoyed and things others would like to watch.. Go ahead and post a few of your own.

ShadowLord

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - Jay #1 - 05-24-2005

Dark Angel Tv series. Also the book series that was written afterwords. First in that was the author's own creation. The other 2 were from the scripts for the final season of it, that never aired. So the writers gave permission for Max Allen Collins to take up the challenge and end the series with a bang.

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - Kenji - 05-25-2005

Movies...

1) The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

2) Star Wars(IV, V, VI)

3) The Great Escape

TV...

1) Star Trek The Next Generation

2) X-Files

3) 24

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - Keith the Elder - 05-25-2005

TV:

The Prisoner

Twin Peaks

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - jimbow8 - 05-25-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:TV:

The Prisoner

Twin Peaks

The Prisoner is in my Netflix queue somewhere. It's almost up to 400 titles.

Can someone answer a question about the Twin Peaks DVD set - Does it include the original two our pilot movie? I have the VHS box set and it does not include it. I was force to buy that individually, and it has a different ending than how it appeared on TV.

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - Keith the Elder - 05-25-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:The Prisoner is in my Netflix queue somewhere. It's almost up to 400 titles.

Can someone answer a question about the Twin Peaks DVD set - Does it include the original two our pilot movie? I have the VHS box set and it does not include it. I was force to buy that individually, and it has a different ending than how it appeared on TV.

The two hour pilot is not on the DVD set. Something about licensing, my daughter knows the details, I'll clue you in if "Ms. Oh I'm so freakin' busy" can answer an e-mail.

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - smithers52 - 05-25-2005

I recommend checking out The Edge. It's a great thriller with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins. It's also got some great dialogue courtesy of David Mamet.

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - The Mad American - 05-25-2005

smithers52 Wrote:I recommend checking out The Edge. It's a great thriller with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins. It's also got some great dialogue courtesy of David Mamet.

Is that the one where they are stranded in Alaska? Can't seem to remember...guess I should get off my lazy butt and check IMDB. Smile

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - smithers52 - 05-25-2005

Yes, that's the one, Mad American. They also have a vicious grizzly bear hot on their tail. It's a great taut thriller with some nice performances including one from the bear!

Great Movies or TV Series to Recommend - The Mad American - 05-25-2005

smithers52 Wrote:Yes, that's the one, Mad American. They also have a vicious grizzly bear hot on their tail. It's a great taut thriller with some nice performances including one from the bear!

Let me preface this comment by saying that I too enjoyed this movie. Beautiful area they are in, interesting situation. But I have one major issue with the movie, the way they take care of the bear.

I live in bear country and let me tell you the chances of that working are about 1 bazillion to one.

But I would agree with the recommendation, good movie overall.