RepairmanJack.com Forums
Japanese edition's Black Wind - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Japanese edition's Black Wind (/thread-910.html)

Pages: 1 2

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Kenji - 05-01-2005

I bought Japanese edition's BLACK WIND(Vol.1&2)--First edition--, today. This is rare book(s) and rarely can find out them in book stores. Even in used book stores. It was a mere chance that I found them. Fortunately they were inexpensive, so I bought them. I can't remember but I heard somebody want to get them. Hmm....who was that? :confused:

Maybe this is a last chance. If somebody has been looking for this, let me know in this thread or PM. I send them to first one person. Wink

Kenji

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Keith the Elder - 05-01-2005

Kenji Wrote:I bought Japanese edition's BLACK WIND(Vol.1&2)--First edition--, today. This is rare book(s) and rarely can find out them in book stores. Even in used book stores. It was a mere chance that I found them. Fortunately they were inexpensive, so I bought them. I can't remember but I heard somebody want to get them. Hmm....who was that? :confused:

Maybe this is a last chance. If somebody has been looking for this, let me know in this thread or PM. I send them to first one person. Wink

Kenji

It wasn't me so I'll defer to the original seeker, probably Biggles, although they would make a fine addition to the collection.

I would like to see the cover art, if you would be so kind as to post it.

k the e

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Kenji - 05-01-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:It wasn't me so I'll defer to the original seeker, probably Biggles, although they would make a fine addition to the collection.

k the e

Okay. This is cover art.

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 05-01-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:It wasn't me so I'll defer to the original seeker, probably Biggles, although they would make a fine addition to the collection.

k the e

Congratulations on your find, Kenji! It's been my experience that if you concentrate your mind on books you badly want, they will come to you. I am out of time now, but will give an example when I get back on the board tomorrow.

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Kenji - 05-02-2005

Keith, Black Wind go to your home....soon. Wink

Enjoy the book.

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Keith the Elder - 05-02-2005

Kenji Wrote:Keith, Black Wind go to your home....soon. Wink

Enjoy the book.

Thanks again. It is a nice addition to my collection.

keith

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 05-02-2005

Kenji Wrote:Keith, Black Wind go to your home....soon. Wink

Enjoy the book.

As promised, Kenji, an example of books finding their way to you. I am a Colin Wilson scholar. Back in 1971, when I was first starting my collection, my pal Big Mike Campbell and I visited a used-book store in Brooklyn. Big Mike had asked the owner to keep an eye out for a title he was interested in. The bookman spread his arms wide in apology and said, "Not yet, Mike. I'm still looking for that one for you." And Big Mike turned to me and said, "What a bust! Sorry I dragged you down here. Wanna head back?" I said, "Not yet, Mike. I =know= there's a piece here I want..." And, Kenji, it's hard to describe or explain, but I =knew=. I let my feet go where they would go, and in the back of the store, on a dusty, obscure shelf, I found a Colin Wilson book I needed. I told this tale to Colin himself at a conference in Virginia in 1995. He laughed and said, "Michael, that wasn't a coincidence. That was the Library Angel at work!"

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Jay #1 - 05-02-2005

Found the Paperback american Black Wind at a used bookstore a couple weeks ago. Still having a hard time finding "The Touch" however.

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Maggers - 05-02-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:Found the Paperback american Black Wind at a used bookstore a couple weeks ago. Still having a hard time finding "The Touch" however.

If you're interested, there are a gazillion hard cover editions of "Black Wind" floating around out there. Found them in abundance at amazon.com and abebooks and ebay and others, most no more than a few dollars.

Japanese edition's Black Wind - Kenji - 05-03-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:As promised, Kenji, an example of books finding their way to you. I am a Colin Wilson scholar. Back in 1971, when I was first starting my collection, my pal Big Mike Campbell and I visited a used-book store in Brooklyn. Big Mike had asked the owner to keep an eye out for a title he was interested in. The bookman spread his arms wide in apology and said, "Not yet, Mike. I'm still looking for that one for you." And Big Mike turned to me and said, "What a bust! Sorry I dragged you down here. Wanna head back?" I said, "Not yet, Mike. I =know= there's a piece here I want..." And, Kenji, it's hard to describe or explain, but I =knew=. I let my feet go where they would go, and in the back of the store, on a dusty, obscure shelf, I found a Colin Wilson book I needed. I told this tale to Colin himself at a conference in Virginia in 1995. He laughed and said, "Michael, that wasn't a coincidence. That was the Library Angel at work!"

That's nice story.

I have a similar story. That was when I was looking for "The Damnation Game". It's Clive Barker's book. I really really wanted to get it. So, I made the rounds of many used-book stores in Tokyo. Every stores are very large. But I couldn't find out. I was almost gave up.

One day, I passed by my neighbourhood's used-book store. It's very small store, and all books were dusty. I felt something strange, so I went into the store, then I found The Damnation Game in this small book store.

I said,"Oh, I was looking for this!"
And, store owner said, "Really? I bought this book, a few days ago."

Can you believe this? But this is true. Smile Wink Big Grin