RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Eye - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Eye (/thread-90.html)

The Eye - nijimeijer - 05-10-2004

Anyone seen this Asian horror flick? Saw it at Blockbuster, we had a gift certificate, it just made sense. We're too lazy to return videos, so we usually just buy 6-10 dollar DVDs rather than rent. Anyway . . .

So, we watched it tonight, and I'd say the movie was excellent. It didn't fall apart at the end, like most every ghost movie, nor did it . . . just . . . limp . . . off . . . like Sixth Sense. I'd give you all a synopsis, long form review, yadda yadda, but you can find all of that at forty other sites.

So, as I said: good movie. Got me a couple of times, too. Got me good.

The Eye - Gerald Rice - 05-10-2004

nijimeijer Wrote:Anyone seen this Asian horror flick? Saw it at Blockbuster, we had a gift certificate, it just made sense. We're too lazy to return videos, so we usually just buy 6-10 dollar DVDs rather than rent. Anyway . . .

So, we watched it tonight, and I'd say the movie was excellent. It didn't fall apart at the end, like most every ghost movie, nor did it . . . just . . . limp . . . off . . . like Sixth Sense. I'd give you all a synopsis, long form review, yadda yadda, but you can find all of that at forty other sites.

So, as I said: good movie. Got me a couple of times, too. Got me good.

I saw it a couple months ago after armtwisting the missus into it. Niiiice. I also rented another Asian horror movie I can't remember the name of that turned out bad. Blockbuster has it and it's sequel. The title is a Japanese girl's name- some girl who can't die no matter what you do to her.

The Eye - Gord - 05-11-2004

I was pushing The Eye in a previous thread, its a great movie. It sets tone much better than any american horror movie I've seen in years. The creepy-factor of the scene in the elevator is utterly off the scale.

Unfortunately as usual there's an Americanized remake on the way.

The Eye - Marc - 05-11-2004

Gord Wrote:It sets tone much better than any american horror movie I've seen in years.

Most Japanese horror does.

The Eye - Scott Miller - 05-11-2004

Gerald Rice Wrote:I saw it a couple months ago after armtwisting the missus into it. Niiiice. I also rented another Asian horror movie I can't remember the name of that turned out bad. Blockbuster has it and it's sequel. The title is a Japanese girl's name- some girl who can't die no matter what you do to her.

You are thinking of Tomie. Haven't heard anything good about it. I loved The Eye though. I'm curious about St. John's Wort by the same people responsible for Ringu; anyone seen it?

The Returner and Running on Karma are not horror, but the are both fun Asian films.

Scott

The Eye - Gord - 05-11-2004

I didn't care for Ringu at all. It just didn't make sense to me, the characters behave erratically and without any real sane reasoning. I didn't bother seeing the remake though. (Or the sequel which I haven't read anything positive about)