RepairmanJack.com Forums
Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable (/thread-836.html)

Pages: 1 2

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - Kenji - 11-11-2004

A few days ago, I saw Street of Fire on DVD.

When I was teenager, I saw this movie in theater first. I was Diane Lane fan. That's why I went to see it in theater. After that, I saw it on TV a few times, but it was fifteen or thirteen years ago. So I didn't remember the detail. I saw it again, and I really enjoyed it. My favorite one of reason, it's music and songs!! Ry Cooder's sound are cool and dry. "Never be you" by Laurie Sargent, this writer is Tom petty. and "Tonight is what it means to be young" by Laurie Sargent, this writer is Jim Steinman. What a exciting rock'n roll sounds ! Big Grin

Also, action sequences were brilliant. Biker gangs vs one man. Especially, Willem Dafore and Michael Pare in the last fight scene. This is great!

Music, songs, actors and actress, action......This is Walter Hill's world!!

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - jimbow8 - 11-11-2004

I am going to have to check this out. I am a HUGE Tom Petty fan, and Jim Steinman has written some incredible songs.

Thanks Kenji !

Jim

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - the Oracle - 11-11-2004

Yeah... That movie rocks! I love when Pare bitch slaps the greaser in his sister's diner and takes away his knife only to return it stating, "try again."

And, if you like Ry Cooder, you should checkout Crossroads (not the Brittany crap)... It stars Ralph Machio, and is a cool guitar movie that ends out being a good vs. evil type movie. Steve Via is also in this and does some excellent guitar footage. The DVD was just released a couple of months ago and is well worth it!

-Rip

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - maxplay - 11-11-2004

I'm a longtime fan of Jim Steinman (especially his collaborations with Meat Loaf). You can always recognize one of his songs. I could tell he'd wrote Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back to Me Now before I ever saw the MTV credit.

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - jimbow8 - 11-11-2004

maxplay Wrote:I'm a longtime fan of Jim Steinman (especially his collaborations with Meat Loaf). You can always recognize one of his songs. I could tell he'd wrote Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back to Me Now before I ever saw the MTV credit.
He also wrote Total Eclipse of the Heart and Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler and Makin' Love (Out of Nothin' At All) by Air Supply.

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - cyber-jack - 11-11-2004

Kenji Wrote:A few days ago, I saw Street of Fire on DVD.

When I was teenager, I saw this movie in theater first. I was Diane Lane fan. That's why I went to see it in theater. After that, I saw it on TV a few times, but it was fifteen or thirteen years ago. So I didn't remember the detail. I saw it again, and I really enjoyed it. My favorite one of reason, it's music and songs!! Ry Cooder's sound are cool and dry. "Never be you" by Laurie Sargent, this writer is Tom petty. and "Tonight is what it means to be young" by Laurie Sargent, this writer is Jim Steinman. What a exciting rock'n roll sounds ! Big Grin

Also, action sequences were brilliant. Biker gangs vs one man. Especially, Willem Dafore and Michael Pare in the last fight scene. This is great!

Music, songs, actors and actress, action......This is Walter Hill's world!!

Strange coincidence as I was just thinking about this movie the other day. I had the soundtrack on cassette way back in high school and man, I took some grief over that from some of my metal head friends, but I loved the movie and the music. The movie was a bit a throwback and I don't think it was much of a hit. I want to say it came out in 83 or 84?

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - Scott Miller - 11-12-2004

Kenji Wrote:A few days ago, I saw Street of Fire on DVD. I was Diane Lane fan.

I still am. I think she is the sexiest woman in showbiz at the moment.

One of the first dates I ever went on was to see Streets of Fire. For a brief time "I Can Dream About You" by Dan Hartman was our song. I hadn't thought about that in a while. I remember being psyched by The Blasters, who I dig, being the bar band.

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - Kenji - 11-12-2004

Scott Miller Wrote:I still am. I think she is the sexiest woman in showbiz at the moment.

One of the first dates I ever went on was to see Streets of Fire. For a brief time "I Can Dream About You" by Dan Hartman was our song. I hadn't thought about that in a while. I remember being psyched by The Blasters, who I dig, being the bar band.

Oh, did I say...."I was"? It's my mistake. I still am,too! Big Grin

Yup. Dan Hartman, The Blasters, everybody excellent!

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - Kenji - 11-12-2004

cyber-jack Wrote:Strange coincidence as I was just thinking about this movie the other day.

Oh, that's coincidence! We live in small world. Big Grin

Quote:I had the soundtrack on cassette way back in high school and man, I took some grief over that from some of my metal head friends, but I loved the movie and the music. The movie was a bit a throwback and I don't think it was much of a hit. I want to say it came out in 83 or 84?

In 1984. I had soundtrack on LP record. But I lost it. I don't know where it is. I must buy CD!

Street of Fire ; A Rock & Roll Fable - Baxx - 11-12-2004

That movie is awesome!