RepairmanJack.com Forums
Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ (/thread-813.html)

Pages: 1 2

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Barry Lee Dejasu - 03-29-2005

I just read on UpcomingMovies.com that M. Night Shyamalan is gearing up for his next film, titled Lady in the Water. What Greg Dean Schmitz of that site says about it is, "This is the story of a superintendent of an apartment complex in Philadelphia who discovers a sea nymph living in the building's swimming pool. " I'm already enthralled. As usual, I can't wait...I'm not in the least bit picky: I love his work, period. This will be something awesome.

For more information, go here: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808665077

Coming July 21st, 2006!

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - stacyzinda123 - 03-29-2005

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I just read on UpcomingMovies.com that M. Night Shyamalan is gearing up for his next film, titled Lady in the Water. What Greg Dean Schmitz of that site says about it is, "This is the story of a superintendent of an apartment complex in Philadelphia who discovers a sea nymph living in the building's swimming pool. " I'm already enthralled. As usual, I can't wait...I'm not in the least bit picky: I love his work, period. This will be something awesome.

For more information, go here: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808665077

Coming July 21st, 2006!
I really like his movies. I'm excited that there's another one coming. I loved the Village and the Sixth Sense. I wasn't crazy about Unbreakable, but I've seen far worse movies! Too bad it won't be out for so long Sad

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Marc - 03-29-2005

stacyzinda123 Wrote:I really like his movies. I'm excited that there's another one coming. I loved the Village and the Sixth Sense. I wasn't crazy about Unbreakable, but I've seen far worse movies! Too bad it won't be out for so long Sad

I thought Unbreakable was better than The Village or Sixth Sense. LOL But then again, I'm a comic book guy so I could relate to it.

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Scott Hajek - 03-29-2005

Marc B. Wrote:I thought Unbreakable was better than The Village or Sixth Sense. LOL But then again, I'm a comic book guy so I could relate to it.

Unbreakable had Samuel L. Jackson. Even bad movies can have some redemption if he is in it.

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Maggers - 03-29-2005

Glad to know M. Knight has another movie afoot.

My order of preference for his films is Sixth Sense (one of my all time favorites), Signs, Unbreakable, and The Village a very distant last. I could see that ending coming nearly from the beginning of the film. No surprise there for me. But it was beautifully shot, and unfortunately, somewhat boring (at least for me).

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - jimbow8 - 03-29-2005

1. Unbreakable
2. Signs
3. The Sixth Sense
4. The Village

Though I think The Village was unfairly maligned for having a predictable twist ending. I thought it was a good movie. I think that viewers expected it to have a twist at the end and were therefore disappointed.

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - The Mad American - 03-29-2005

Maggers Wrote:Glad to know M. Knight has another movie afoot.

My order of preference for his films is Sixth Sense (one of my all time favorites), Signs, Unbreakable, and The Village a very distant last. I could see that ending coming nearly from the beginning of the film. No surprise there for me. But it was beautifully shot, and unfortunately, somewhat boring (at least for me).

First let me say I am a huge fan of M. Knight's movies and thank goodness someone is putting intelligence back into suspense/horror movie genre (kind of the anti-Wes Craven if you will). But I agree with you 100% on the Village Maggers. I was so disappointed in that movie because the advertising for it had me so pumped to see it and I had it figured out in probably the first 10 minutes.

Excited that he is making another movie.

I am also with Marc on Unbreakable. I really liked that movie, but probably for the same reasons Marc did, I am a big comic book guy. (not to mention Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson can make the worst movies bearable)

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Flinx - 03-30-2005

Maggers Wrote:Glad to know M. Knight has another movie afoot.

jimbow8 Wrote:1. Unbreakable
2. Signs
3. The Sixth Sense
4. The Village

Though I think The Village was unfairly maligned for having a predictable twist ending. I thought it was a good movie. I think that viewers expected it to have a twist at the end and were therefore disappointed.
I thought The Village had a good twist at the end. I must be one of the few that didn't see that ending coming.

My preferences are;
1. Unbreakable
2. The Village
3. The Sixth Sense
4. Signs

I have yet to watch The Sixth Sense, but I would still place it ahead of Signs which I would place in a very distant last.

Signs was fine until the aliens appeared & were shown that water could burn them. That spoilt it for me.

Like Marc, I'm a comic book guy so Unbreakable is my favourite. But even if I wasn't I would still rate it first.

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - Kenji - 03-30-2005

1, The Sixth Sense
2, Unbreakable
3, The Village
4, Signs

I can't forget last scene of "The Sixth Sense". That was terrific.

"Unbreakable" was pretty good. Samuel L. Jackson was outstanding. I couldn't imagine he was....... :eek:

"The Village" was good. (Spoiler...) Especially, scene that stabbed to belly, I gasped.

"Signs" was okay, except Alien. That Alien...... Rolleyes

Shyamalan's New Film! _Lady in the Water_ - jimbow8 - 03-30-2005

I didn't really have a problem with the aliens in Signs. But then again, I didn't really think the movie was about aliens but more about fate and faith.