RepairmanJack.com Forums
Be Cool - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Be Cool (/thread-765.html)

Be Cool - jimbow8 - 03-07-2005

I saw Get Shorty in the theater and didn't care for it that much. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for the quirkiness of the characters or maybe I just didn't get it. Regardless, I decided to go see Be Cool. I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved this movie. I laughed quite a bit during this movie. The characters a great: Travolta as Chili Palmer, a shylock who changes over from the movie to music industry; Uma Thurman as the recent widow and owner of a recording studio; Vince Vaughn as a manager who "thinks he's black"; The Rock (Duane Johnson) as his flaming gay bodyguard; and Cedric the Entertainer as a rival manager and pseudo gang leader. Travolta takes over the contract of a prospective singer-songwriter-diva from an abusive Vaughn. All parties battle for control of the contract and hilarious shenanigans ensue. After watching this, I definitely will give Get Shorty another try.

Be Cool - Kenji - 03-08-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:I saw Get Shorty in the theater and didn't care for it that much. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for the quirkiness of the characters or maybe I just didn't get it. Regardless, I decided to go see Be Cool. I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved this movie. I laughed quite a bit during this movie. The characters a great: Travolta as Chili Palmer, a shylock who changes over from the movie to music industry; Uma Thurman as the recent widow and owner of a recording studio; Vince Vaughn as a manager who "thinks he's black"; The Rock (Duane Johnson) as his flaming gay bodyguard; and Cedric the Entertainer as a rival manager and pseudo gang leader. Travolta takes over the contract of a prospective singer-songwriter-diva from an abusive Vaughn. All parties battle for control of the contract and hilarious shenanigans ensue. After watching this, I definitely will give Get Shorty another try.

I don't know about "Be cool", But I like Get Shorty. Especially, John Travolta as funny character, Chili Parmer....He say always "Look at me".

You know, this movie has a lot of "cool" dialogues. John Travolta and Gene Hackman's dialogues, about movies....oh, they cracked me up! "Look at me" "Look at me" "Look at me".........

Especially, this is my favorite dialogues.

Bo Catlett: You broke into my house, and I have a witness to it.
Chili Palmer: What?
Bo Catlett: Only this time it ain't no John Wayne and Dean Martin shooting bad guys in "El Dorado."
Chili Palmer: That was "Rio Bravo." Robert Mitchum played the drunk in "El Dorado." Dean Martin played the drunk in "Rio Bravo." Basically, it was the same part. Now John Wayne, he did the same in both. He played John Wayne.
Bo Catlett: Man, I can't wait for you to be dead.

Quote from imdb.