RepairmanJack.com Forums
Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Non-Christmas Christmas Movies (/thread-549.html)

Pages: 1 2

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - thisisatest - 12-21-2004

Steve D
Firstily, let me wish FPW et al a very Merry Christmas. I'll be checking in after the holiday. Yep, back to Canada to spend time with my late Uncle's family (our family too, but you know what I mean).

Secondily, I find some non-Christmas movies better than some Christmas movies. I mean, I love Christmas Story, but has anyone seen Gracie's Choice? It's an edgy family drama based on a true story, a movie I highily recommend for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day/Night. Come on now: Post those non-Christmas movies that would be great viewing for the coming holiday.

Lastily, catch you on the flip side of Christmas; I'll have some back-bacon for you-all.

(To Lisa: I agree with you 100% about the word "funnily." How do you feel about the word "nowadays?" It drives me just as crazy.)

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - the Oracle - 12-21-2004

Well, even though it is set in Christmas time, Die Hard is not really "christmasy" and it ROCKS!

Also, Lethal Weapon (the first one) is during "the silly season." If you haven't seen the director's cut of this one, I HIGHLY recommend it. It darkens Rigg's character and explains a bit more about him.

Happy holidays to all!

-Rip

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - KRW - 12-21-2004

the Oracle Wrote:Well, even though it is set in Christmas time, Die Hard is not really "christmasy" and it ROCKS!

Also, Lethal Weapon (the first one) is during "the silly season." If you haven't seen the director's cut of this one, I HIGHLY recommend it. It darkens Rigg's character and explains a bit more about him.

Happy holidays to all!

-Rip

Those are the two movies I would have said.

KRW

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - jimbow8 - 12-21-2004

the Oracle Wrote:Well, even though it is set in Christmas time, Die Hard is not really "christmasy" and it ROCKS!

Happy holidays to all!

-Rip
Dammit! I was gonna say those two.

KRW Wrote:Those are the two movies I would have said.

KRW
And then I was gonna say I was gonna say those two. Double Dammit!!!! :mad: Cool

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - Mick C. - 12-22-2004

I'm trying to think of movies set during Christmas time that aren't really "Christmas Movies"... BRAZIL comes to mind.

I really enjoyed "LOVE, ACTUALLY" last year when I saw it, and again on HBO this year (not one to watch with kids, though).

I'll second (or third) LETHAL WEAPON - I'm down for any Christmas film with a Triangle Choke in it.

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - Maggers - 12-22-2004

Mick C. Wrote:I really enjoyed "LOVE, ACTUALLY" last year when I saw it, and again on HBO this year ...

I agree. I've seen it about 3 times in the last 6 weeks. I don't know why, but I avoided it in the theater. Now I can't seem to get enough of it. It's very sweet and utterly endearing.

Quote:I'll second (or third) LETHAL WEAPON - I'm down for any Christmas film with a Triangle Choke in it.

LOL!

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - Sam - 12-22-2004

the Oracle Wrote:Also, Lethal Weapon (the first one) is during "the silly season." If you haven't seen the director's cut of this one, I HIGHLY recommend it. It darkens Rigg's character and explains a bit more about him.

Happy holidays to all!

-Rip
Bought the director's cut as soon as it came out. One of my favorite movies. Thanks to that movie Jingle Bell Rock became my favorite Christmas song. I never really understood Murtaugh's "Go spit!" line though. Is there an origin to that saying or just made up for that movie???

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - maxplay - 12-22-2004

My wife's favorite (Lethal Weapon) and my son's (Die Hard) have been mentioned several times. My personal favorite--and I'm getting ready to pop it in the DVD ASAP--is The Thin Man.

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - Kenji - 12-23-2004

Non-Christmas movies better than some Christmas movies........well, has anyone seen this movie? This is French movie. Japanese title was "Wanted! Mr. Christmas.", French title was "3615 code Père Noël".....so, how about American title?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096741/

Non-Christmas Christmas Movies - jimbow8 - 12-23-2004

This may be a stretch, but after all, isn't that what this thread is about?

Pink Floyd - The Wall.

At the opening of the movie the song being played in the background is

"The Little Boy that Santa Claus Forgot"
Sung by Vera Lynn