RepairmanJack.com Forums
First Preference for RJ Board Members - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: First Preference for RJ Board Members (/thread-4914.html)

Pages: 1 2

First Preference for RJ Board Members - NewYorkjoe - 10-08-2013

Hi, Folks!

Glad to be back. I've had a little wake-up the last couple weeks, I've begun taking hemodialysis three times a week, for 3 hours each treatment. Luckily, I've been able to use my flexible work schedule so I can continue working full time (I don't want to go on disability; there are too many people abusing that now). However, this does not leave me much time to go shooting. Also, Theo (my wife), ever the optimist, is concerned that she will be stuck with my "vast" firearms collection and will get hosed after I "shuffle off," because she doesn't know what they are worth. She doesn't even know what they ARE!

At any rate, I've decided to cull my collection way back now. Rather than deciding what I want to sell, I'm deciding what I have to keep and selling the rest. I'm working with my friend and FFL holder, Mike Meador of Extreme Firepower (he BUILDS sniper rifles in .338 Lapua and MG-42 machineguns). He is going to offer them for sale on consignment, but I also wanted to offer them to you folks, first pick. I guarantee a good deal on gently used, well-maintained semi-automatic rifles and pistols. Many with extra magazines, ammo, scope mounts, etc. thrown in for boot. Tell me what you are interested in (I may make a list with descriptions in the future) and I will tell what I have in that category. You save on Mike's/Gunbroker's commission. Shipped to your FFL holder in accordance with all federal/ATFE regulations; you pay only for FEDEX/USPS standard charges. I guarantee I will beat any deal you can find online with Gunbroker by at least 10%.

E-mail me at: mssrschmidt@frontiernet.net, because my mail box here will fill up.

Best Regards,

NYj

First Preference for RJ Board Members - cobalt - 10-08-2013

Sad

Good thoughts to you, Joe.

Thanks, Cobbie, I'm doing pretty well now. I lost 30 pounds, I'm working out regularly, and my energy level is way up (I was actually taking NAPS on the weekend!). I've got a good ------ nephrologist and people actually get off of dialysis from time to time; he has one patient who did. I'm much better off than some others, they have no kidney function left, have diabetes, and need 4 hours of dialysis three times a week.

It's my own fault; for two years I was working long hours, not working out, eating bad food, and not getting enough sleep. You've got to watch that blood pressure; they don't call it "the silent killer" for nothing!

NYj

First Preference for RJ Board Members - cobalt - 10-08-2013

I don't believe I'm gonna say this...but...clean out your in box, Joe.

My litter box? :o

First Preference for RJ Board Members - rjack_fan - 10-08-2013

Aw, thanks Joe! Hubby is always in the market for new stuff, but our great state of NY is making things tough.

Sounds like you are doing well, all things considered. Things can get complicated on dialysis, if you haven't already, find a local pharmacist you get along with and get all your meds there. No sense in causing more problems if you can avoid it! Hope you feel this good for a long time!

First Preference for RJ Board Members - NewYorkjoe - 10-09-2013

Thanks, rjack_fan, I'm lucky I'm able to work full-time, because I currently have complete medical coverage, including prescription coverage.

NYj

First Preference for RJ Board Members - Tony H - 10-09-2013

NewYorkjoe Wrote:Thanks, rjack_fan, I'm lucky I'm able to work full-time, because I currently have complete medical coverage, including prescription coverage. I would not want to depend on ___! (Whoops! There I go again, that sounds "political!")

NYj

Yes Joe, it was political. I have edited it. Please don't be THAT guy who deliberately pushes buttons.

First Preference for RJ Board Members - NewYorkjoe - 10-09-2013

I thought I was making a joke. I thought no one would object to the mere mention of a word without stating a political opinion one way or the other. Censorship is tyranny of thought. Did I commit a "thought-crime" then?

I guess these rules take some getting used to. I was away for too long.

Nyj

First Preference for RJ Board Members - Tony H - 10-09-2013

The rules have been in place for over a year, almost 2 years. You were here when everything went down, and the "new" rules are in place because it became evident that people could not contain their animosity and hatred towards one another.

The common denominator in the breakdown of almost EVERY discussion was politics.

It may make for a very boring bored by making certain topics verboten, but it happened for a reason and now we deal with it.

And I can't see, for the life of me, how you made a comment like you made and insist it wasn't political. It was baiting. If other people jumped on the bandwagon and started bashing the topic you brought up in jest, I can guarantee it would have escalated into more of the same.

That is the entire reason Planet Tolive was created. It is a place where you can go to openly discuss politics. They don't have the rules there we have in place and they are quite passionate about the topics and will freely engage you.

www.planettolive.com