RepairmanJack.com Forums
My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" (/thread-4770.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Smoke - 02-13-2013

I finished reading "The Tomb" and just wanted to share my favorite moment. It is Jack's reaction after stopping a Rakosh from climbing onto the elevator platform when escaping Kusum's ship with Kolabati. Here is the excerpt....

The creature reeled back, its arms outflung, its head ablaze. It spun, lurched crazily to the edge of the platform, and fell off. "Yes!" Jack shouted, raising his fists into the air, exultant and amazed at his victory. "Yes!"

When I read that I laughed for like 10 seconds. One moment you are experiencing a terrifying moment along with Jack, and when Jack is in the clear, what does he do? He raises his fists in the air and shouts, "Yes!" How unexpected, and yet so very much Jack.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Tony H - 02-13-2013

There are always great moments like that in most of Paul's work. The Tomb had some great moments. After bumping uglies with Kolbati, Jack announced, "I've been Kama Sutra'd!"

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - t4terrific - 02-13-2013

Excellent!

The Tomb, in it's original form, is probably my very favorite book.

I guess my favorite part was when a now unarmed Jack went ballistic and attacked the Rakosh, like an angry cat, to protect his loved ones. The way fpw described his face made it seem as if he had turned into a beast himself.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Brian - 02-13-2013

Tony H Wrote:There are always great moments like that in most of Paul's work. The Tomb had some great moments. After bumping ugliues with Kolbati, Jack announced, "I'vebeen Kama Sutra'd!"

LOL Get out of my head, Tony.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Sigokat - 02-14-2013

The Tomb and The Keep are my favorite FPW works so far.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Scott Miller - 02-14-2013

My favorite moment is when Jack catches the cinderblock thrower and dangles him from the bridge; it is pretty damn close to my favorite scene from any book and it cemented FPW as my favorite writer.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - t4terrific - 02-15-2013

Scott Miller Wrote:My favorite moment is when Jack catches the cinderblock thrower and dangles him from the bridge; it is pretty damn close to my favorite scene from any book and it cemented FPW as my favorite writer.

Wasn't that in Legacies? An excellent part though. Certainly a point where the worm turned.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - The Mad American - 02-15-2013

t4terrific Wrote:Wasn't that in Legacies? An excellent part though. Certainly a point where the worm turned.
Pretty sure that is Legacies as well. But yeah, great scene.

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Scott Miller - 02-15-2013

t4terrific Wrote:Wasn't that in Legacies? An excellent part though. Certainly a point where the worm turned.

The Mad American Wrote:Pretty sure that is Legacies as well. But yeah, great scene.
X
[SIZE=2]Definitely in The Tomb. Ask Smoke.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

My Favorite Moment In "The Tomb" - Smoke - 02-15-2013

Scott Miller Wrote:
X
[SIZE=2]Definitely in The Tomb. Ask Smoke.
[/SIZE]

Yes the story of Jack's revenge on his mother's death is in the Tomb. I haven't read Legacies, yet. I am supposed to get all the rest of the 14 books in the Repairman Jack series tomorrow. Still can't wait. Not to mention my Aunt gets married tomorrow and I am ushering. Why did it have to be tomorrow?! Life and its timing.