RepairmanJack.com Forums
Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK (/thread-4718.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Count_Agranoff - 10-30-2012

I was cracking open reprisal to read it today and saw he signed it with Jersey shore. Hoope Mister Wilson and is home got through the storm ok. My thoughts are with one of my favorite authors.

-David

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - rjack_fan - 10-31-2012

No word on Facebook or Twitter since about dinnertime yesterday. Based on what I've seen of that general area, he must have been hit really hard. Hopefully it's just a power thing.

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - rjack_fan - 10-31-2012

Oh yeah, and
:welcome:

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Brian - 10-31-2012

NJ got hit pretty hard. Good thoughts for The Man and family

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Marc - 10-31-2012

He just posted this on FB:

"poaching someone's mifi - no structural damage here, high up so no flood, power back on as of 1:30 am but no cable so no broadband."

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - cobalt - 10-31-2012

Thanks, Marc! Good to know he's safe. Smile

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Count_Agranoff - 10-31-2012

Yeah good to here he is safe. My uncle and aunt in jersey don't expect to have hours for days. Yikes.

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Dave618 - 10-31-2012

Yeah, The Man was in my thoughts as well. Luckily where I live wasn't too effected. I truly feel sorry for those who got hit hard.

Glad FPW and his are OK.

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - Pleiades - 11-05-2012

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still here.

We lost power on 6:26 P.M. Monday 10/29, and got it back 6:26 P.M. Saturday. We ate all our frozen food before it went bad and we had margarita mix, tequila, good bourbon, and a few cases of wine, so we survived OK. But, we have a lot less wine now. We were lucky to have no property damage. We live on the North shore (Shoreham) so we well above sea level. We had no power, phone, or internet for the duration. Our daughter lives nearer the South shore, but was outside the flooded areas. Our son lives in Union, NJ and had no property damage. Many, many others were not so lucky.

We filled our gas tanks before the storm. Until the media started talking about long lines and gas shortages, there weren't any. Within hours, there were long lines and empty stations. I guess it would have happened anyway.

In other news: in case no one mentioned it, the association that wants to turn Tesla's lab into a museum, was successful in their bid to purchase the property.

P.S. During the outage, I started rereading the RJ series (again). I noticed that in Legacies Yoshio says that he has no family, but in By the Sword, Jack has to deal with his brother.

Hope mister Wilson got through Sandy OK - cobalt - 11-05-2012

It's good to here you and your family.... made it through the storm, Pleiades. Smile