RepairmanJack.com Forums
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (/thread-4647.html)

Pages: 1 2

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Sigokat - 06-11-2012

Anyone planning on seeing this? The previews look silly, but fun and the fact that it has an R Rating is appealing.

Toni, can you fix the spelling error in the thread title? Thanks, ma'am. You're the best LOL

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Tony H - 06-11-2012

Sigokat Wrote:Anyone planning on seeing this? The previews look silly, but fun and the fact that it has an R Rating is appealing.

Toni, can you fix the spelling error in the thread title? Thanks, ma'am. You're the best LOL

I hate you, but I fixed the title of the thread anyhow.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - LolaRennt - 06-11-2012

I think I'm going to wait and see on this one. Someone I know, who has absolutely no critical thinking skills and no taste when it comes to movies, is incredibly excited about this movie and says she just loved the book. That set off red flags for me. I've been exposed to too many crappy movies that she's strongly recommended to want to run out and see something that she is wildly enthusiastic about.

I do look forward to your review. She's not wrong every time - just too often for me to trust her.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Fenian1916 - 06-11-2012

It looks really goofy but worth seeing

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Sigokat - 06-11-2012

Tony H Wrote:I hate you, but I fixed the title of the thread anyhow.

Thanks. You're such a sweet lady.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Dave - 06-11-2012

Looks like the same laws of physics as witnessed in Wanted, so I can't say I'm too bothered about seeing it. I have no problem with 'super' abilities, but when they dress it up as real world and provide no context (bullets can bend around objects, trees can explode when hit with an axe) then I tend to lose interest.

However the other half is keen (which surprised me), so I can think of worse films to be dragged along to this summer.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - LolaRennt - 06-11-2012

Lincoln's team stole vampire technology, obviously...

I don't know. I think that Lincoln would be too gangly and awkward to really be a super hero. Then again, the Mavericks has that Giant German who is a pretty damn good athlete even though he looks awkward as hell.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - nonquixote - 06-11-2012

LolaRennt Wrote:I don't know. I think that Lincoln would be too gangly and awkward to really be a super hero. Then again, the Mavericks has that Giant German who is a pretty damn good athlete even though he looks awkward as hell.

In his younger days Lincoln was reputed to be abnormally strong for his build, and was supposed to be a very good wrestler.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Medusa - 06-12-2012

I read the book and I loved it! I plan to see this as soon as it comes out.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Medusa - 07-04-2012

I enjoyed this movie a lot. The effects were cool and the actor playing Abe was really good. It didn't follow the book as much but they did it in a way that was very entertaining.