RepairmanJack.com Forums
nightworld pre order - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: nightworld pre order (/thread-4527.html)

nightworld pre order - quikfix228 - 12-26-2011

hey guys! hope you had a great christmas. i have a question...i was cruising barnes and noble's website spending my gift cards and they have the pre order for nightworld on there already, but my question is, will there be a special edition from gauntlet press or borderlands? i really would rather an awesome book jacket and special edition compared to the crappy tor covers. just curious! have a great day and hope to hear some good news!

nightworld pre order - Marc - 12-26-2011

Not 100% sure, but I don't think so. Paul would obviously be the best to answer this, but I think Borderlands still has the Nightworld they put out from a few years ago, and Gauntlet focuses on RJ stories. While Jack is in Nightworld it's not a RJ book.

However, if you want to pick up the Borderlands edition the new edition in 2012 won't be vastly different. In fact, Paul has stated that unless you really know Nightworld well you may not even recognize the changes. The "heavily revised" comment is regarding the original release back in '92 or so. If that is the only version you've ever read then the changes are extensive, but most of those have been included in the Borderlands edition.

nightworld pre order - DannyC - 12-30-2011

I would like to register a complaint... (best read in Parrot sketch voice)

I hate the word 'preorder', and I would like to blame Bruce Springsteen.

'Preorder' is some weasel's way of getting us to prepay for an item we order, but do not receive for several months. My first memory of this ugly word and practice was back in the days of vinyl albums, and Bruce Springsteen was coming out with his first boxed set.

The next time a clerk asks if you would like to preorder something, say "I already have and I am also predead."

nightworld pre order - Alvin Fox - 12-30-2011

It depends on who you order from. Amazon won't charge you until they're ready to ship. But if I'm preordering from a trusted place then I'm okay with paying them in advance so I don't have to worry about keeping a specific amount of money available for when they do charge me which could be 11 months away.

nightworld pre order - DannyC - 12-30-2011

I maintain that preorder is the inaction one takes before placing an order.

nightworld pre order - Srem - 12-31-2011

Marc Wrote:Not 100% sure, but I don't think so. Paul would obviously be the best to answer this, but I think Borderlands still has the Nightworld they put out from a few years ago, and Gauntlet focuses on RJ stories. While Jack is in Nightworld it's not a RJ book.

However, if you want to pick up the Borderlands edition the new edition in 2012 won't be vastly different. In fact, Paul has stated that unless you really know Nightworld well you may not even recognize the changes. The "heavily revised" comment is regarding the original release back in '92 or so. If that is the only version you've ever read then the changes are extensive, but most of those have been included in the Borderlands edition.

This is good to know; I was wondering about that. I've only read the '92 version, so I'm definitely getting the heavily revised version of Nightworld as soon as it comes out.