RepairmanJack.com Forums
Anyone watching American Horror Story? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone watching American Horror Story? (/thread-4480.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Anyone watching American Horror Story? - rjack_fan - 10-16-2011

I've seen both episodes. So far I am enjoying it, though it is a little over the top to really get under my skin and terrify me. Entertaining enough and creepy enough to keep watching though.

Anyone else see it?

Anyone watching American Horror Story? - cobalt - 10-16-2011

I've seen both episodes and I'm really enjoying the show. I'm lovin all the little flashes back in time that make the characters even more complex.

Absolutely! Those flashbacks are a nice addition to the show. Looking forward to finding out what's up with the maid. Did you catch the neighbor saying she'd kill her again? And I know there has to be more revealed about that basement.

Anyone watching American Horror Story? - Alvin Fox - 10-16-2011

The teenagers seem like they were written by John Saul. "There's no smoking here." escalated to "Eat the cigarette butt!" in seconds. And the two girls don't like each other in the first episode and go to being buddy-buddy by the second episode?

A lot of it just leaves me going, "What?"

And there sure is plenty of masturbation.

And what was the deal with that gimp suit? Was that even really her husband in it?

Doubt it. But then is the wife's baby gonna be from the husband or the ghost gimp thing?

Well, she wouldn't know she's pregnant for at least a few days even if her body is really sensitive to the hormones. There's some travel time involved with the sperm, then the fertilized egg implanting, etc. It would be longer than that for a pregnancy test to show up positive. I would assume she was already pregnant, but it was clear they were not having sex for a while. There must have been a small time gap that wasn't apparent to the casual viewer.

I'm hoping for gimp baby with accelerated embryo development :-). That would make for an interesting season.

On another forum it was discussed how a haunted house tv show couldn't be that good. If their house is haunted why not just leave? In the teaser for the third episode the wife was already saying they have to leave. But what if each season the house claims a set of victims who become hauntings for the people who move in during the next season?

Anyone watching American Horror Story? - rjack_fan - 10-17-2011

Oooooh, so the house is really the star. That would be interesting.

Anyone watching American Horror Story? - Tony H - 10-17-2011

I like the show. I don't find it particularly scary, but there is an underlying sense of dread. For true scares, I tip my hat to AMC's "The Walking Dead" which premiered season 2 last night.

But AHS is pretty good if looked at as a Lynch"-ian type show. It seems to be going for complex mystery which is holding my attention and Jessica Lang. is freaking incredible as the whacked out neighbor with dark secrets.