RepairmanJack.com Forums
13 Assassins - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: 13 Assassins (/thread-4459.html)

Pages: 1 2

13 Assassins - Sigokat - 09-26-2011

Has anyone else seen this? An excellent movie about a band of samuri that are hired to assassinate a tryant Lord on his journey back to his clan's homeland. The cinematography was excellent, the scenery absolute beautiful and the story was engaging and enthralling. There is a lot of violence, but in a movie about samuri you expect it.

The final battle scene was spectalur and probably one of the longest, continuous battle scenes I have seen on film in recent history, but it was amazing.

If you don't speak Japanese and can deal with 2 hours of subtitles (I have no problem with subtitled movies) I highly recommend this film.

I can't think of one bad thing about the entire film.

13 Assassins - Tony H - 09-26-2011

sigokat Wrote:Has anyone else seen this? An excellent movie about a band of samuri that are hired to assassinate a tryant Lord on his journey back to his clan's homeland. The cinematography was excellent, the scenery absolute beautiful and the story was engaging and enthralling. There is a lot of violence, but in a movie about samuri you expect it.

The final battle scene was spectalur and probably one of the longest, continuous battle scenes I have seen on film in recent history, but it was amazing.

If you don't speak Japanese and can deal with 2 hours of subtitles (I have no problem with subtitled movies) I highly recommend this film.

I can't think of one bad thing about the entire film.

This movie blew me away. I am always on edge when it comes to films by Takashi Miike, he is a twisted director...sort of like Japan's Quentin Tarentino. He is just OUT THERE with some of his stuff.

But, this fast became one of my favorite movies of 2011. It is a little slow up the front end, leading up to the hour long battle, but the battle more than makes up for it. The action is gritty, realistic, and dirty. No wire-fu in this film!

13 Assassins - Dave - 09-26-2011

I couldn't agree with you both more. Brilliant action sequence at the end, and amazing how the assassins remain fairly distinct as individuals throughout the mayhem.

13 Assassins - Medusa - 09-26-2011

I seem to recall seeing this on Netflix when I was cruising to add to my Que. Subtitles don't bother me a bit. I love the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and its all in Swedish. I'll have to check out 13 Assasins. Thanks for the recommend Sig!

13 Assassins - cobalt - 09-29-2011

Guess which movie came in the mail from Netflix......yup. We'll watch it tonight.

13 Assassins - Tony H - 09-29-2011

cobalt Wrote:Guess which movie came in the mail from Netflix......yup. We'll watch it tonight.

For anyone with Netflix Instant Queue, this is available for instant viewing/streaming.

13 Assassins - cobalt - 09-29-2011

We got rid of the streaming option...and by the end of the month...I think Netflix is going bye-bye. We're gonna dump them.

13 Assassins - Medusa - 09-29-2011

I just dropped the DVD out a month and I'm keeping the streaming . . . for now. We have DISH and I hear they are working on a Blockbuster thing identical to Netflix (DISH bought Blockbuster). Since we're already a DISH customer maybe we'll get a good deal. I got that sappy "apology" letter from the Netflix prez. Didn't impress me.

13 Assassins - Tony H - 09-29-2011

Medusa Wrote:I just dropped the DVD out a month and I'm keeping the streaming . . . for now. We have DISH and I hear they are working on a Blockbuster thing identical to Netflix (DISH bought Blockbuster). Since we're already a DISH customer maybe we'll get a good deal. I got that sappy "apology" letter from the Netflix prez. Didn't impress me.

Yeah that letter was a joke. Look, here's the thing...the instant queue doesn't offer a ton of new content, but I don't care. They have some great old titles that I have not seen in a long time.

Hell, i was watching episodes of "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" the other day and re-living my childhood. LOL To me the streaming is worth the ten bucks.

13 Assassins - Fenian1916 - 09-29-2011

Tony H Wrote:"Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends"

Love that show, Disney XD shows it every night at 0300 LOL