RepairmanJack.com Forums
Black Swan - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Black Swan (/thread-4139.html)

Black Swan - Kenji - 05-11-2011

This evening I saw Black Swan in a theatre. Why does nobody mention about this movie? Nobody has seen this one? Honestly, I think this is the best movie in 2011 so far!

BLACK SWAN is a psychological thriller ballet, stars Natalie Portman as Nina. Director is Darren Aronofsky.

Bizarre but beautiful and bewilder, gorgeous and outstanding! 'Black Swan' is art of madness. You'll never see Swan Lake in the same light again. This movie will grab your soul and it won't release you. Especially Natalie Portman. You won't forget her every "acting".

Black Swan - Tony H - 05-11-2011

Kenji Wrote:This evening I saw Black Swan in a theatre. Why does nobody mention about this movie? Nobody has seen this one? Honestly, I think this is the best movie in 2011 so far!

BLACK SWAN is a psychological thriller ballet, stars Natalie Portman as Nina. Director is Darren Aronofsky.

Bizarre but beautiful and bewilder, gorgeous and outstanding! 'Black Swan' is art of madness. You'll never see Swan Lake in the same light again. This movie will grab your soul and it won't release you. Especially Natalie Portman. You won't forget her every "acting".

This was a great movie. It came out in December of 2010 here in the states. It was an intense psychological thriller that raised a lot of questions and debate amongst the viewers. Like "What was real and what was imaginary?"

Darren Arnofsky is trying his best to be the next David Lynch in terms of non-linear storytelling. His films are very "Stream of Consciousness" kind of stuff, but for the most part they are entertaining.

But Black Swan was my favorite film of 2010. I purchased it on Blu Ray when it came out but haven't watched it yet, I am curious to see the special features to see if they answer any of the questions I have. Maybe the commentery tracks will provide some details.

Black Swan - Kenji - 05-11-2011

AsMoral Wrote:This was a great movie. It came out in December of 2010 here in the states. It was an intense psychological thriller that raised a lot of questions and debate amongst the viewers. Like "What was real and what was imaginary?"

Oh! 2010? Here in Japan, today is the opening day.

Yes, I agree to "What was real and what was imaginary?"

AsMoral Wrote:Darren Arnofsky is trying his best to be the next David Lynch in terms of non-linear storytelling. His films are very "Stream of Consciousness" kind of stuff, but for the most part they are entertaining.

But Black Swan was my favorite film of 2010. I purchased it on Blu Ray when it came out but haven't watched it yet, I am curious to see the special features to see if they answer any of the questions I have. Maybe the commentery tracks will provide some details.

His "Requiem For Dream" is also excellent. But "Black Swan" is more excellent.

Black Swan - Medusa - 05-11-2011

I haven't seen it yet. I put it in my Netflix que.

Black Swan - Srem - 05-11-2011

Medusa Wrote:I haven't seen it yet. I put it in my Netflix que.

Ditto.

Black Swan - crlovel - 05-17-2011

Black Swan was a wonderful film, one of my favorites of last year.

Black Swan - tisapphire - 05-21-2011

I'm not sure that Black Swan is QUITE as good as Requiem for a Dream, but it is awfully close. Natalie Portman was fabulous, and absolutely deserved the Oscar. But I think that Mila Kunis was largely overlooked...she was also VERY good in her role.