RepairmanJack.com Forums
It's Complicated - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: It's Complicated (/thread-4111.html)

Pages: 1 2

It's Complicated - Scott Miller - 04-18-2011

I watched this with the wife and its a pretty entertaining comramedy starring Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. Streep and Baldwin played divorcees who reconnect at their son's graduation while Streep also develops a relationship with Martin. It is a bit more sophisticated than most comedies these days and worth a watch.

It's Complicated - ccosborne3 - 04-19-2011

It really is a pretty good movie. I thought Baldwin should have been nominated for the best supporting actor award. I haven't enjoyed a performance of his since The Edge (in my top ten films from the 90's) and it was good to see him cruising in a meaty lighthearted role.

It's Complicated - Scott Miller - 04-21-2011

ccosborne3 Wrote:It really is a pretty good movie. I thought Baldwin should have been nominated for the best supporting actor award. I haven't enjoyed a performance of his since The Edge (in my top ten films from the 90's) and it was good to see him cruising in a meaty lighthearted role.

I'll have to disagree a bit here. I think Baldwin has been really good in several movies such as State and Main, The Last Shot, Outside Providence, The Cooler, Elizabethtown, Mini's First Time, The Departed and much of his TV work. I never used to like him but he is now someone whose appearance in a movie will pique my curiousity.

It's Complicated - ccosborne3 - 04-21-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:I'll have to disagree a bit here. I think Baldwin has been really good in several movies such as State and Main, The Last Shot, Outside Providence, The Cooler, Elizabethtown, Mini's First Time, The Departed and much of his TV work. I never used to like him but he is now someone whose appearance in a movie will pique my curiousity.

Many of those films are pre The Edge. You forgot Beetlejuice. I will add his Saturday Night Live work as enjoyable to watch. The Scoutboy skits with Sandler gave me the HeebieGeebies.

It's Complicated - Scott Miller - 04-22-2011

ccosborne3 Wrote:Many of those films are pre The Edge. You forgot Beetlejuice. I will add his Saturday Night Live work as enjoyable to watch. The Scoutboy skits with Sandler gave me the HeebieGeebies.

X

All are post The Edge. Just admit you're wrong; don't make imdb your ass.

It's Complicated - ccosborne3 - 04-22-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:
X

All are post The Edge. Just admit you're wrong; don't make imdb your ass.

No chance Outside Providence is post The Edge. I'm going to look it up right now, come back and embarrass the crap out of your movie loving ass!Cool

Fucker!

ccosborne3 Wrote:Fucker!

Thought you would see it that way.

I enjoy the view from the high road Miller. You should know that by now. You're one of 3 people On the board I can count on to not need a smileyface every fucking minute of the day. I cherish you.

ccosborne3 Wrote:I enjoy the view from the high road Miller. You should know that by now. You're one of 3 people On the board I can count on to not need a smileyface every fucking minute of the day. I cherish you.

I employ them from time to time but an no big fan of them(although I do get a kick out of some of the ones people import from smileyface land). Much like you and the high road, I figure if people want to take my sarcasm seriously-let 'em.