RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Tourist Weightless - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Tourist Weightless (/thread-4108.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Tourist Weightless - Scott Miller - 04-14-2011

The Tourist was such a piece of fluff that I'd forgotten I'd seen it the moment it ended. It's not funny or romantic enough to be considered a romcom or exciting enough to be a thriller and I saw the ending within the first few minutes. It is nice to look at though.

And am I completely alone in my opinion that Johnny Depp is not that great of an actor?

The Tourist Weightless - cobalt - 04-14-2011

All Johnny Depp needs to do is stand there, smiling....that would be enough for me. A shirt is optional....of course. Smile

cobalt79 Wrote:All Johnny Depp needs to do is stand there, smiling....that would be enough for me. A shirt is optional....of course. Smile

What a sexist.:p

The Tourist Weightless - cobalt - 04-14-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:What a sexist.:p

I'm shameless....I know.

cobalt79 Wrote:I'm shameless....I know.

You most certainly are and I mean that's as a compliment.

The Tourist Weightless - ccosborne3 - 04-14-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:The Tourist was such a piece of fluff that I'd forgotten I'd seen it the moment it ended. It's not funny or romantic enough to be considered a romcom or exciting enough to be a thriller and I saw the ending within the first few minutes. It is nice to look at though.

And am I completely alone in my opinion that Johnny Depp is not that great of an actor?

All his movies are forgettable. He seems to specialize in quirky. Quirky, cutesy, films almost always suck. The first Pirates movie was OK. Beyond that I don't think I remember him in much of anything.

The Tourist Weightless - The Mad American - 04-14-2011

ccosborne3 Wrote:All his movies are forgettable. He seems to specialize in quirky. Quirky, cutesy, films almost always suck. The first Pirates movie was OK. Beyond that I don't think I remember him in much of anything.

I thought he was pretty good in "Whats Eating GIlbert Grape". A few others as well but lately, yeah he seems to have fallen in love with the type of quirky movies you mention.

The Tourist Weightless - ccosborne3 - 04-15-2011

The Mad American Wrote:I thought he was pretty good in "Whats Eating GIlbert Grape". A few others as well but lately, yeah he seems to have fallen in love with the type of quirky movies you mention.

Grape was forgettable. I saw it and don't even remember what it was that ate him. Dicaprio was in that as well I believe. Look at the films Leo has chosen to do since Grape came out. Blood Diamond, Inception, The Departed, The Aviator, even Gangs of NY. He's not dicking around in fantasy land, he makes films that have an emotional toll without exception. Depp does the exact opposite.

The Tourist Weightless - cobalt - 04-15-2011

I am being a sexist...it's Ok...you guys do it. Wink

I watch some movies for their content, social contribution, entertainment....whatever. I watch others to look at the men. They don't have to act...lol

The Tourist Weightless - Scott Miller - 04-15-2011

cobalt79 Wrote:I am being a sexist...it's Ok...you guys do it. Wink

I watch some movies for their content, social contribution, entertainment....whatever. I watch others to look at the men. They don't have to act...lol

This objectifying of men has got to stop; I've got a brain as well as a body.Big Grin