RepairmanJack.com Forums
Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS (/thread-3969.html)

Pages: 1 2

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - GeraldRice - 11-10-2010

This was the first movie in some years I turned off without finishing. Granted, it was in the last few minutes before the credits rolled, but I honestly didn't care to watch anymore.

First, this was the first movie that had actors speaking with British accents that just didn't work for me. I'm sure Leonidas and Co. (300) didn't have them either, but that didn't bother me. And the accents weren't even bad- Alfred Molina and Ben Kingsley, actual Brits, were in it.

There was nothing original about this story save for the dagger that could reverse time 60 seconds for whomever wielded it. You have the son of the king, framed for [SPOILER]dear ol' dad's murder [/SPOILER]who has to flee with the princess who hates him but will eventually fall in love with him, the evil [SPOILER]uncle [/SPOILER]who wants to [SPOILER]be king [/SPOILER]and the comical villain.

The movie got so bad it became predictable, building into a ridiculous climax that I just couldn't get up to care about until... and here's the major spoiler-

[SPOILER]Kingsley and Gyllenhaal are fighting beneath the city after Kingsley has stabbed the dagger into the glass containing the sands of time. Time reversed to the point where Dastan was first given the dagger. Before his father or either of his brothers were killed. So I had just finished an official waste of time. None of what I had just seen mattered because, in true Dallas fashion, it never happened.[/SPOILER] I had to turn the movie off.

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - karinaadri - 12-01-2010

I haven't too many good reviews of this one, maybe I'll wait for next time here.

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - webby - 12-01-2010

I refuse to watch this movie not only because of the lame plot but because of the very poor casting choice of Jake Gyllenhaal as a Persian.

Seriously? There were no available actors who even LOOK a bit more middle-eastern? Rolleyes

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - GeraldRice - 12-01-2010

webby Wrote:I refuse to watch this movie not only because of the lame plot but because of the very poor casting choice of Jake Gyllenhaal as a Persian.

Seriously? There were no available actors who even LOOK a bit more middle-eastern? Rolleyes

I could have forgiven that had Gyllenhaal acted the mess out of the role or had they had an actual plot to work with. But this was just another granule on the huge pile of what was wrong with this movie. I really wonder how they pick scripts. I am in no way bragging on myself, but I could have written a better script and I have next to know experience with script-writing and haven't played the game since it was on floppy disks!

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - webby - 12-01-2010

GeraldRice Wrote:I could have forgiven that had Gyllenhaal acted the mess out of the role or had they had an actual plot to work with. But this was just another granule on the huge pile of what was wrong with this movie. I really wonder how they pick scripts. I am in no way bragging on myself, but I could have written a better script and I have next to know experience with script-writing and haven't played the game since it was on floppy disks!

I'm sure you could have written a better script.

I often wonder how the hell crap like this gets made and how many potentially great movies were passed over.

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - The Mad American - 12-01-2010

webby Wrote:I'm sure you could have written a better script.

I often wonder how the hell crap like this gets made and how many potentially great movies were passed over.

Yeah I often have that same thought. It seems so much crap gets bankrolled when there is so much possibly good stuff out there.

This is what happens when pinheads make the rules. The idiots at NBC taking over the SciFi channel (I refuse to call it SyFy..or the Syphylis network) are a prime example. Hey here is a great idea, lets take the prime time Friday night programming on the SciFi channel and give it over to fecking Wrassling!! Okay rant over.Big Grin

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - GeraldRice - 12-02-2010

The Mad American Wrote:Yeah I often have that same thought. It seems so much crap gets bankrolled when there is so much possibly good stuff out there.

This is what happens when pinheads make the rules. The idiots at NBC taking over the SciFi channel (I refuse to call it SyFy..or the Syphylis network) are a prime example. Hey here is a great idea, lets take the prime time Friday night programming on the SciFi channel and give it over to fecking Wrassling!! Okay rant over.Big Grin

I often wonder what's Sci-fi about wrestling. But that channel's a HUGE offender. They crank out horrible, horrible movies, but then they put together a series like Battlestar Galactica. Some of the movies are awfully, awfully bad. I saw one about a Nazi-created monster. It ran around plucking off Nazi and American soldiers and it was like 1987 CGI.

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - The Mad American - 12-02-2010

GeraldRice Wrote:I often wonder what's Sci-fi about wrestling. But that channel's a HUGE offender. They crank out horrible, horrible movies, but then they put together a series like Battlestar Galactica. Some of the movies are awfully, awfully bad. I saw one about a Nazi-created monster. It ran around plucking off Nazi and American soldiers and it was like 1987 CGI.

All I can say is plan on the SyFy (syphylis) channel programming becoming much much worse and less Sci-Fi every day. The pinheads have taken more control since they rebranded it syfy and every day they add more nonsense like wrasslin and treasure hunting reality shows.

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - Alvin Fox - 12-02-2010

It sounds like the movie followed the same basic plot as the Sands of Time game.

So, at least you didn't invest 15-20 hours playing the game only to get to the point where you turned the movie off.

Prince of Persia- MAJOR SPOILERS - GeraldRice - 12-03-2010

AlvinFox Wrote:It sounds like the movie followed the same basic plot as the Sands of Time game.

So, at least you didn't invest 15-20 hours playing the game only to get to the point where you turned the movie off.

Did the game do the same thing? You got to the end and then it reversed everything as if it never happened?