RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Hurt Locker - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Hurt Locker (/thread-3746.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Hurt Locker - Kenji - 03-06-2010

Today I saw The Hurt Locker. I was surprised that nobody mentioned about this movie.

The Hurt Locker is a gripping movie that contains some thrilling sequences. The story is about US Army bomb disposal squad working in Baghdad.

Director Kathryn Bigelow made a perfect war movie in the 21st century like Stanley Kubrick made the Full Metal Jacket. So far, I thought "Near Dark" is her best work, but now "The Hurt Locker" is her best work, definitely. There was no exaggerated music, so it was like a documentary film. Not only action scenes. It was very realistic. Some bomb-blown scenes astonished me, and my butt jumped from the seat.

Perhaps I should say I enjoyed this movie, but I didn't enjoy. This is NOT enjoyable movie.

The Hurt Locker - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 03-06-2010

Kenji Wrote:Today I saw The Hurt Locker. I was surprised that nobody mentioned about this movie.

The Hurt Locker is a gripping movie that contains some thrilling sequences. The story is about US Army bomb disposal squad working in Baghdad.

Director Kathryn Bigelow made a perfect war movie in the 21st century like Stanley Kubrick made the Full Metal Jacket. So far, I thought "Near Dark" is her best work, but now "The Hurt Locker" is her best work, definitely. There was no exaggerated music, so it was like a documentary film. Not only action scenes. It was very realistic. Some bomb-blown scenes astonished me, and my butt jumped from the seat.

Perhaps I should say I enjoyed this movie, but I didn't enjoy. This is NOT enjoyable movie.

It's THE HURT LOCKER against AVATAR for the Best Picture Oscar, so the insiders say.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:It's THE HURT LOCKER against AVATAR for the Best Picture Oscar, so the insiders say.

That's right, Mike. I heard about that.

I think The Hurt Locker will get the Best Picture and the Best Director, AVATAR will get special effect, sound effect, cinematography, etc.

Just my guesses.

The Hurt Locker - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 03-06-2010

Kenji Wrote:That's right, Mike. I heard about that.

I think The Hurt Locker will get the Best Picture and the Best Director, AVATAR will get special effect, sound effect, cinematography, etc.

Just my guesses.

We'll see tomorrow night!

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:We'll see tomorrow night!

Sure. Wink

The Hurt Locker - The Mad American - 03-07-2010

Kenji Wrote:That's right, Mike. I heard about that.

Just my guesses.

I am honestly hoping "Up" will surprise everyone and win best picture. I know it won't happen but I can hope.

and thanks for your review Kenji, I haven't seen the Hurt Locker yet but have only heard good things about it. It is high on my list of movies to see.

The Hurt Locker - Kenji - 03-08-2010

The Mad American Wrote:I am honestly hoping "Up" will surprise everyone and win best picture. I know it won't happen but I can hope.

I haven't seen "Up" yet, so I can't compare them. But "Up" vs. "The Hurt Locker"........I'll bet "The Hurt Locker" everything.

The Mad American Wrote:and thanks for your review Kenji, I haven't seen the Hurt Locker yet but have only heard good things about it. It is high on my list of movies to see.

Mad American, you should check this movie. This movie has massive destructive power.

Kathryn Bigelow The Hurt Locker! Big Grin

The Hurt Locker - Alvin Fox - 03-08-2010

Finally! Recognition for Point Break!

AlvinFox Wrote:Finally! Recognition for Point Break!

That's one of my favorite movies.

But after I saw Hot Fuzz, I can't stop laughing at that moment.