RepairmanJack.com Forums
Blood: The Last Vampire - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Blood: The Last Vampire (/thread-3734.html)

Blood: The Last Vampire - Sam - 02-23-2010

Didn't care for the film. It was ok I guess for low budget. Needed better dialogue and direction. Acting wasn't too bad, though. Do not know how well it followed the comics as i've never read them.

But for those of you who remember Andrew Pleavin - aka "Dalt" - he plays Frank, the General's aide. I thought he did a really good job, and I'm not being bias. So if for no other reason, rent it just to see Dalt in action.

Blood: The Last Vampire - Tony H - 03-03-2010

Sam Wrote:Didn't care for the film. It was ok I guess for low budget. Needed better dialogue and direction. Acting wasn't too bad, though. Do not know how well it followed the comics as i've never read them.

But for those of you who remember Andrew Pleavin - aka "Dalt" - he plays Frank, the General's aide. I thought he did a really good job, and I'm not being bias. So if for no other reason, rent it just to see Dalt in action.

It was an okay film. It seems that they ran out of money during the filming of this movie as the production value takes a noticeable nose-dive as the movie goes on.

I noticed on the Netflix instant Queue they have the original anime series. I wonder if it is any good.

Blood: The Last Vampire - GeraldRice - 03-03-2010

Is that the one with the teenaged girl who's supposed to be a vampire hunting vampires? I saw that a long time ago. Weird, but good animation and action. I remember the preview and it leaves you with 0 clue as to what's going on. I think she's supposed to be the last real vampire and all these other ones are knockoffs or something.

Blood: The Last Vampire - Scott Miller - 03-03-2010

AsMoral Wrote:It was an okay film. It seems that they ran out of money during the filming of this movie as the production value takes a noticeable nose-dive as the movie goes on.

I noticed on the Netflix instant Queue they have the original anime series. I wonder if it is any good.

I don't know about the series, but as Gerald said the movie, although it's hard to call a 45 minute long cartoon a movie, was decent enough if you like anime.

Blood: The Last Vampire - Tony H - 03-03-2010

Scott Miller Wrote:I don't know about the series, but as Gerald said the movie, although it's hard to call a 45 minute long cartoon a movie, was decent enough if you like anime.

I thought Sam was talking about the live action movie which came out last year. It was based on the anime cartoon and manga comic book.

Blood: The Last Vampire - Scott Miller - 03-03-2010

AsMoral Wrote:I thought Sam was talking about the live action movie which came out last year. It was based on the anime cartoon and manga comic book.

I agree but I thought you were asking about the anime. I'm not sure if there is an anime series but there is a movie.