RepairmanJack.com Forums
Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. (/thread-3653.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - colburn0004 - 12-23-2009

What is your take on the best show and movie of the decade? Have seen a lot of lists and thought I would bring the discussion here as the decade is coming to an end. It can be a list or a single of each or however you want it.

Tv Show:For me this has to be a toss up between Lost and The Shield. Lost has been one of those shows that seemed to come out and risk a lot and just not be afraid to turn people away if their show was too heavy or hard to get into. To me it also has had some of the best writing and best characters on tv hands down.
The Shield I would have to put up there as it was just riveting great tv. When tv was overpopulated with cop dramas and csi's The Shield came out and was a completely different cop show. It was gritty it was dark, and it was different. I never saw a show that brought out such different emotions then this show from the very first episode.

Movies:For me my favorite movie of the decade has to be Memento. A different movie with a different way of telling the story that I found confusing at the same time genius.

(Edited for bad spelling) Smile

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - Scott Miller - 12-23-2009

Hands down the best TV I saw(if were counting cable shows that is) was The Wire. It is in fact the best thing I've ever watched.

As for the movie, I'd have to think on it but off the top of my head I'd go with The Lord Of The Rings.

And I'm pretty sure you meant Memento, which is a great flick.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - GeraldRice - 12-23-2009

I still might say The Sopranos for best show. It's the only show I can consistently watch the repeats of and the only one I'd seriously entertain owning. Carnivale was pretty good, but it was much too short lived. As far as movie, I might say Children of Men.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - colburn0004 - 12-23-2009

Scott Miller Wrote:Hands down the best TV I saw(if were counting cable shows that is) was The Wire. It is in fact the best thing I've ever watched.

As for the movie, I'd have to think on it but off the top of my head I'd go with The Lord Of The Rings.

And I'm pretty sure you meant Memento, which is a great flick.

Fixed my post for bad spelling. From everything I have heard about the wire I will definitely have to try to see it. I had seen a couple episodes when it first started but it didn't grab me at the time.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - Alvin Fox - 12-23-2009

The trouble is narrowing the list down.

My favorite TV show is somewhere between Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory and Lost. When shows make me theorize and discuss them for hours (Lost) or make me want to visit the building where it's filmed (Scrubs, it's a couple miles from Dark Delicacies, I swing by whenever FPW is doing a signing.). And TBBT is hilarious and full of wonderful quotes.

My favorite movies are down to Super Troopers, Hot Fuzz and The Dark Knight. I would've taken all of those off and just said Fight Club but I looked it up and saw it had an October 15, 1999 release day.

I can't comment on what anyone else put (except Lost) because I haven't seen any of it. I feel like I should have watched Lord of the Rings though.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - ccosborne3 - 12-23-2009

Tough call. For TV, HBO was on of a Hell of a run with The Soprano's, Deadwood, and Rome. Of the 3 I preferred Deadwood.

What a crappy decade for movies. Crap, crap, crap. It was a little too graphic to be perfect but I'd think about nominating Inglorious Basterds for best film of the decade.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - Brian - 12-23-2009

For TV, it's a toss up between The Wire and The Shield.
For cable, another toss up. Dexter or Dead Like Me.
For a movie, The Lord of the Ring Trilogy, hands down.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - Ken Valentine - 12-24-2009

It's another 373 days until the decade actually comes to an end.

Ken V.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - colburn0004 - 12-24-2009

Brian Wrote:For TV, it's a toss up between The Wire and The Shield.
For cable, another toss up. Dexter or Dead Like Me.
For a movie, The Lord of the Ring Trilogy, hands down.

How could I forget dead like me?!?! Damn that was an awesome show!!! I really wish it continued, I haven't seen the straight to DVD movie that came after the series ended but with Rube gone and a premise about them going digital I just couldn't watch it in fear it would ruin the show for me.

Your best TV show and Movie of the decade. - GeraldRice - 12-24-2009

colburn0004 Wrote:How could I forget dead like me?!?! Damn that was an awesome show!!! I really wish it continued, I haven't seen the straight to DVD movie that came after the series ended but with Rube gone and a premise about them going digital I just couldn't watch it in fear it would ruin the show for me.

It was actually pretty decent. Everybody except Rube and the blonde came back, but the woman they replaced her with was very similar (but a different character) and they replaced her with the long-haired Aussie guy from Lost. The one who called everybody brother. Wait- was that guy an Aussie?