RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Book of Eli.. - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Book of Eli.. (/thread-3638.html)

The Book of Eli.. - ghaleon23 - 12-13-2009

I was just waning to know what anyone elses ideas/thoughts were on this upcoming feature. It stars Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman, with Oldman playing an antihero/ villainous character. What can I say Im a sucker for post apocalyptic movies and stories. I think this movie will kick ass. I for the most part like the story but witsh it wasnt settled upon an object.such as a book, the bible no less.lol..I know its the movies premise..Im a gamer and so I ask...Does anyone else think this game resembles Fallout 3? Let the words fly!!!

The Book of Eli.. - Srem - 12-28-2009

ghaleon23 Wrote:I was just waning to know what anyone elses ideas/thoughts were on this upcoming feature. It stars Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman, with Oldman playing an antihero/ villainous character. What can I say Im a sucker for post apocalyptic movies and stories. I think this movie will kick ass. I for the most part like the story but witsh it wasnt settled upon an object.such as a book, the bible no less.lol..I know its the movies premise..Im a gamer and so I ask...Does anyone else think this game resembles Fallout 3? Let the words fly!!!

I vaguely remember seeing a preview for this movie, but forgot about it until I read your thread.

It sounds cool from the way you described it, and I will watch it one way or another. Denzel is a good actor, so I usually watch any movie with him in it.

Btw, cool avatar, ghaleon23.

The Book of Eli.. - bones weep tedium - 12-28-2009

Yep, the first thing I thought of when I saw this trailer a while ago was Fallout 3. I think it looks pretty good, I'll defintiely be taking a trip to the cinema to see it.

The Book of Eli.. - The Mad American - 12-28-2009

ghaleon23 Wrote:I was just waning to know what anyone elses ideas/thoughts were on this upcoming feature. It stars Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman, with Oldman playing an antihero/ villainous character. What can I say Im a sucker for post apocalyptic movies and stories. I think this movie will kick ass. I for the most part like the story but witsh it wasnt settled upon an object.such as a book, the bible no less.lol..I know its the movies premise..Im a gamer and so I ask...Does anyone else think this game resembles Fallout 3? Let the words fly!!!

I actually first thought of David Gemmell's character Jon Shannow, the Jerusalem Man when I first saw the preview for this movie. It looks promising, really hard to go wrong with Denzel and Gary Oldman added to a post apocalyptic story line.

And I am pretty sure the book of Eli is not the bible. Its pretty vague about what it is but I am pretty sure it is not the bible.

The Book of Eli.. - ccosborne3 - 12-30-2009

bones weep tedium Wrote:Yep, the first thing I thought of when I saw this trailer a while ago was Fallout 3. I think it looks pretty good, I'll defintiely be taking a trip to the cinema to see it.

Son of a Bitch, I thought the same damn thing. Vault Boy out on the town.

The Book of Eli.. - Beau2 - 02-21-2010

One of my friends refer me to this nice blog and I really found it good by all means

The Book of Eli.. - bones weep tedium - 02-21-2010

Bot?

The Book of Eli.. - CARINA - 03-17-2010

It is look like good template exclusively for blog, but need to change colors for their own purpose, if you going to start business, education, coaching blog it is perfect. but if you go to sports, entertainment you need to change the colors etc….

The Book of Eli.. - Kenji - 06-19-2010

Today I saw The Book of Eli. Japanese title is "The Walker".

I'm not gamer, so I'm not sure this resembles Fallout 3. Big Grin

The Book of Eli reminded me of "Fahrenheit 451", or Chinese legendary story, "Journey to the West"...or both of them. Well, it was good movie anyway. Denzel Washington showed excellent acting as usual.

********Spoiler********

[SPOILER]Yeah, the book was the Bible. At first, I thought that book is blank, but my guess was wrong. Who could guess the book was braille? And who could guess Eli was blind? I couldn't! [/SPOILER]

What a surprise!