RepairmanJack.com Forums
But What About My Law and Order? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: But What About My Law and Order? (/thread-3431.html)

Pages: 1 2

But What About My Law and Order? - GeraldRice - 05-29-2009

Ever since NBC announced it would be moving Jay Leno to 10pm weekdays I have been in limbo as to what will be happening to a longtime favorite, Law & Order and Law & Order SVU. So far, I haven't read anything about them moving them up an hour or switching them to USA like they did with the one Law & Order show I don't really care about, Criminal Intent (though with the addition of Jeff Goldblum I'm more interested). I read this Reuters article this morning and it doesn't do anything to illuminate things, though there are a few errors I noticed, like them quoting Jay Leno as saying, "All the research came back that people wanted some comedy and we thought earlier was a good idea...we can do five shows for less money than we can shoot any one of these 10 p.m. dramas." I'm pretty sure Leno didn't say that considering he's not an exec at NBC and wouldn't know the budget for Law & Order. Sure he knows his show is cheaper, but he wouldn't be taking ownership for producing shows he doesn't produce. I hope they move them to USA. A 9pm move would be good, but on USA they could push to be a little edgier and they could save some dough by reducing the season's length by several episodes.

--This just in, crisis averted. Law & Order will be on Fridays at 8, SVU Wednesdays at 9 (why not put the original here?) and Southland, Fridays at 9. Now I'm glad Jay will be on at 10, I can see my shows and still get to bed at a decent time.

But What About My Law and Order? - Medusa - 05-31-2009

My mother came in town for 2 weeks and I took off from work. She got me hooked on both of the Law and Orders and the CSI's LV and NY. Now I have to go buy lots of seasons of DVD's!

But What About My Law and Order? - AL RAMOS - 06-14-2009

I've been watching Law & Order (the Father) for nearly 20 years. To me SVU (the Son) and CI (the Holy Ghost) are pale imitations, although I'd 10 times rather watch SVU than CI... Vincent D'Onofrio makes me gag. I've seen every L&O episode dozens of times, and among my favorites are "Scoundrels", "Double Down", "Seed", "Double Blind","White Rabbit" and "I.D." Gotta say though, it just isn't the same without Jerry Orbach. RIP Jerry.

But What About My Law and Order? - Kenji - 06-14-2009

Now, here in Japan we can watch SVU(season 3) and CI(season 2) in FOX (I DON'T like Fox, though).

I preffer SVU. Some characters are interesting and strong personality.

But What About My Law and Order? - mad4tunes - 06-14-2009

I watch all the versions of "Law & Order", but do have a warm spot for the original.

It was at its best with Jerry Orbach on the show, in my opinion.

I love to watch SVU, because I'm a fan of Mariska Hargitay and Richard Belzer (whose standup comedy must be heard to be believed...it's incredible).

Of course, I also enjoy the cool irony of Ice-T playing a cop.

But What About My Law and Order? - cobalt - 06-14-2009

mad4tunes Wrote:I watch all the versions of "Law & Order", but do have a warm spot for the original.

It was at its best with Jerry Orbach on the show, in my opinion.
I loved his character, his sarcasm was great.

mad4tunes Wrote:I love to watch SVU, because I'm a fan of Mariska Hargitay
She is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and a wrestler/stunt guy Mickey Hargitay. She and her 2 brothers were in the back seat of the car that took their mother's life in a crash.
mad4tunes Wrote:Richard Belzer (whose standup comedy must be heard to be believed...it's incredible).

He's from CT. I've seen his routine several times. My cousin has a series of Comedy clubs around here.

mad4tunes Wrote:Of course, I also enjoy the cool irony of Ice-T playing a cop.

The bad boy...turned actor.....his sarcasm is great too.

But What About My Law and Order? - Brian - 06-14-2009

I like Law and Order and all of it's versions. Below is something I found to give props to all of the shows over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS9oNBJEtNU

But What About My Law and Order? - Maggers - 06-14-2009

AL RAMOS Wrote:I've been watching Law & Order (the Father) for nearly 20 years. ... Gotta say though, it just isn't the same without Jerry Orbach. RIP Jerry.

I am with you, Al, and welcome to the board. I love the original L&O, and Jerry Orback was and always be the best thing about it. Miss him like crazy. I can stop and watch any of the old L&O's any time and be entertained all over again.

But What About My Law and Order? - Maggers - 06-14-2009

Brian Wrote:I like Law and Order and all of it's versions. Below is something I found to give props to all of the shows over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS9oNBJEtNU

Ooooh, Brian, thanks for that! Highest of praise to that unbeatable and utterly memorable theme song. LOVE IT!

I'd forgotten how many incredible people have starred on that show. I particularly love the folks they had for the DA roles over the years. I sort of had a crush (yes, believe or not) on Steven Hill, who was the first DA and probably the oldest and craggiest. S. Epatha Merkerson has been there since the beginning and is consistently wonderful.

Two of the things I like best about Law & Order filming in New York: one, I've gotten to see them filming around town on several occasions, and, two, all the L&O shows are a steady source of employment for many unknown and struggling NYC actors. I've seen several friends on screen over the years.

Dick Wolf, the creator of the series and father of it all, deserves all the many millions he must have made by now. Wow, what a gift he's given to all of us over all these years.

But What About My Law and Order? - AL RAMOS - 06-14-2009

Maggers Wrote:Two of the things I like best about Law & Order filming in New York: one, I've gotten to see them filming around town on several occasions, and, two, all the L&O shows are a steady source of employment for many unknown and struggling NYC actors. I've seen several friends on screen over the years.

Maggers, among my circle of actor friends it was a badge of honor to have played a corpse in L&O Big Grin Almost as much as a speaking role.

There was a great little story in New York Magazine a few years ago about the various traffic snarls for which L&O is notorious, and how Jesse L. Martin (formerly Ed Green on L&O) actually got held up for a shoot one day because SVU was filming on his block. LOL.

Have you heard of Law & Order: UK? It's fairly new, same as the US version (produced by Dick Wolf and everything) but with constables and crown prosecutors instead of NYPD cops and district attorneys. I am keeping my eyes peeled on You Tube for an episode.