RepairmanJack.com Forums
Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day (/thread-3334.html)

Pages: 1 2

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - flabiom - 03-06-2009

I was just thinking, wouldnt it be funny if Vicky asked Jack to go along with him on Bring Your Child to Work day. She would ask "what do you do at work, Jack?" and he can't answer. "Can you take to work with you?", again no answer, just hmmmmmmm. then the big one...."All the other kids get to go and I have to stay at school or watch Mommy paint. I hate that. I get to do that EVERYDAY! Please Jack, let me go with you." Jack replies, "O.K. put on this body armor while I get the black face makeup to put on you.........

anyway.... Wish I had thought of this while talking to Mr/Dr. Wilson in Fort Myers at the book fair. ("Just call me Paul".....hmmm still can't do that, sorry Mr/Dr. Wilson)

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - lexator222 - 03-06-2009

Wow! Hadn't thought of it that way! That would be an interesting development in an upcoming RJ story. I like it!!!

Lexx

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - BK Akitas - 03-06-2009

there are plenty of ways Jack could take Vicky to work. not all of his fixes are great big bad Otherness stuff. he could take her to Abe's shop where he can pick up things he needs upstairs. yeah, sometimes the stuff he uses is all legit. he could take her to Russ Tuit's for computer tracking/info. he could take her up for a flight with the brothers with the planes..... hell he could make something up if he needed to, a pretend treasure map kinda thing and tell her he finds stuff that's lost.

glad you brought this up though- my little girl is 9- same as Miss Vicks should be right about now- and she is a TALKER. she goes on and on to her friends and teachers at school about her family, including the live in guy and what he does for a living. little girls like to be proud of their daddy figures. Vicks has GOT to be talking about Jack. wonder when Gia will get a call from the school about it?

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - flabiom - 03-06-2009

Yeah, the idea just popped into my head as I am re reading the series. After Sword, I needed to refresh my memory on a few things, so I started over from the begining (minus Tomb as I have read that like 10 times). I was on the train and was just thinking what if? Hmmmm it would make a good sub plot (just give me credit Mr/Dr Wilson)

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - Wapitikev - 03-10-2009

Welcome, Flabiom. You'll like it here.

-Wapitikev

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - Sam_Dumms - 03-10-2009

That would be interesting, it would also have to go off of what exactly Gia has told Vicky about Jack, no doubtedly Viky has asked her mom many times about that. Or if not Bring your daughter to work day, what about Parents Day, where a class has the exciting oppertunity to hear about what the parents do for a living? How would that be handled?

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - BK Akitas - 03-13-2009

my mini me is waiting -and bouncing off the walls in the process- for the guy to get permission to take her to work that day. she thinks the racetrack, the cars, the machinery is all very exciting.
depending on what they are running that day/week so could see formula 3, mustangs, sportbikes- just about anything.

this whole concept is really stuck in my head since I read the first post. my daughter is very chatty. and very inquisitive. she never stops asking questions. she makes silly jokes about my guy's last name (Romeo)- so how does this apply to Vicks?

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - Silverfish - 03-14-2009

BK, I was actually thinking about you when I read this thread. Smile

Stephanie

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 03-15-2009

flabiom Wrote:I was just thinking, wouldnt it be funny if Vicky asked Jack to go along with him on Bring Your Child to Work day. She would ask "what do you do at work, Jack?" and he can't answer. "Can you take to work with you?", again no answer, just hmmmmmmm. then the big one...."All the other kids get to go and I have to stay at school or watch Mommy paint. I hate that. I get to do that EVERYDAY! Please Jack, let me go with you." Jack replies, "O.K. put on this body armor while I get the black face makeup to put on you.........

anyway.... Wish I had thought of this while talking to Mr/Dr. Wilson in Fort Myers at the book fair. ("Just call me Paul".....hmmm still can't do that, sorry Mr/Dr. Wilson)

Never happen, flabiom. Tell you why. Jack is =mightily= protective of Vicky. And Jack does...dangerous work. The last time I saw the two was in Julio's last month. Jack asked me if I could watch her for a little while. He took off. Vicky asked, "Uncle Mike, do you have some new rhymes?" I said, "Sure, Vicks! But how about we make a new song =together=?" "Sure!" And so we did. And Jack came back. "Jack! Uncle Mike wrote a new song with me!" He looked tired. "Thanks, Mike. Vicks, let's hear the new song!" "Well, Uncle Mike wrote most of it. But I helped!"

Vicky and Bring Your Daughter to Work Day - flabiom - 03-15-2009

yeah I know Jack would never go as far as taking her, but it would be funny if she asked. I hope Paul puts it in one of the books, but since things are getting very serious in the series, probably not. Oh well, it was a good thought.