RepairmanJack.com Forums
Return to Oz - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Return to Oz (/thread-3295.html)

Return to Oz - GeraldRice - 02-13-2009

Anyone remember this movie? I saw it when it came out back when I was 8. My aunt took me and two of my cousins to see it, but I barely remember it other than Fairuza Balk's gigantic mouth. I mean, the thing is really big.

Return to Oz - Tony H - 02-13-2009

I loved this movie as a kid, but I don't remember much about it. I didn't even realize it was Fairuza Balk playing Dorothy. The last movie I saw her in was "The Craft". I hear she does a lot of voiceover work now...she apparently has the face for it.

Return to Oz - GeraldRice - 02-13-2009

AsMoral Wrote:I loved this movie as a kid, but I don't remember much about it. I didn't even realize it was Fairuza Balk playing Dorothy. The last movie I saw her in was "The Craft". I hear she does a lot of voiceover work now...she apparently has the face for it.

What is it about her? She's not ugly, but something about her face just doesn't... work.

The Craft is the only other movie I know of with her. My wife loves it and every time I saw it I found myself saying, "I know that horse mouth from somewhere..."

Anyway, I have "Return" in my queue, though there's a long wait for it. I also have "Dark Crystal". Oh yeah, I'm reliving my childhood one movie at a time. The only reason I haven't rented "The Last Starfighter" is because HBO keeps playing it.

Return to Oz - Kenji - 02-13-2009

Oh! I really liked RETURN TO OZ!

But at first honestly I hadn't plan to see it. That reason for it was a double featured film with "Young Sherlock Holmes". But I preferred "Return to Oz" after I saw both.

Return to Oz - Kenji - 02-13-2009

GeraldRice Wrote:Anyway, I have "Return" in my queue, though there's a long wait for it. I also have "Dark Crystal". Oh yeah, I'm reliving my childhood one movie at a time. The only reason I haven't rented "The Last Starfighter" is because HBO keeps playing it.

I still have "The Last Starfighter" VHS because it's not available on DVD yet. I really like "The Last Starfighter", so I have soundtrack.

Return to Oz - Wapitikev - 02-13-2009

GeraldRice Wrote:What is it about her? She's not ugly, but something about her face just doesn't... work.

The Craft is the only other movie I know of with her. My wife loves it and every time I saw it I found myself saying, "I know that horse mouth from somewhere..."

Anyway, I have "Return" in my queue, though there's a long wait for it. I also have "Dark Crystal". Oh yeah, I'm reliving my childhood one movie at a time. The only reason I haven't rented "The Last Starfighter" is because HBO keeps playing it.
Ms. Balk also played opposite Adam Sandler as Bobby Boucher's love interest in The Waterboy.

-Wapitikev

Return to Oz - The Karl - 02-14-2009

Kenji Wrote:I still have "The Last Starfighter" VHS because it's not available on DVD yet. I really like "The Last Starfighter", so I have soundtrack.

It is available on DVD in the states (I have a copy on my shelf). Is it not available in Japan?

Return to Oz - Kenji - 02-14-2009

The Karl Wrote:It is available on DVD in the states (I have a copy on my shelf). Is it not available in Japan?

Yep. It's NOT available in Japan. If it is, I'll buy DVD. My VHS copy is terrible condition.... Confusedquigglemouth:

Return to Oz - Dervish - 02-16-2009

Yeah, I just mentioned having seen it on TV when I was 10. It definitely left its mark on me. But when I saw it again as an adult I found it more silly than scary as I did as a child. Still disturbing at points (especially with the evil or mad psychiatrist bit, etc) and worth watching, but not one I'd show to children who want to FF through scary parts in vids.