RepairmanJack.com Forums
Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? (/thread-3249.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Wapitikev - 01-16-2009

Just catching up on my current events and saw that Heath Ledger won the Golden Globe for Dark Knight (best supporting actor).

Does he deserve the Oscar?

Leave a message at the tone.

-Wapitikev

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Fenian1916 - 01-16-2009

Yes, someone finally got the Joker right.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - colburn0004 - 01-16-2009

I think very much so especially the golden globe just because of the other actors in the category(tom cruise and Robert Downey for Tropical Thunder??) I think it was an amazing performance and I think the people who would say that he would get it just because he died takes too much away from the performance. Before I saw the movie I thought he would get it because of that, but after seeing it I thought it trully was a performance of a lifetime.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Kenji - 01-16-2009

Wapitikev Wrote:Just catching up on my current events and saw that Heath Ledger won the Golden Globe for Dark Knight (best supporting actor).

Does he deserve the Oscar?

Leave a message at the tone.

-Wapitikev

To me, The Dark Knight was the best movie in 2008. One of the reasons is Heath Ledger's Joker. I've never felt real insanity in any movies before.

Yes, it's too late for him, but he deserve the Oscar.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Marc - 01-16-2009

Had he lived he wouldn't have even been nominated, so no.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Medusa - 01-16-2009

I think he was an awesome Joker and would've won even if he was still alive.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Don B - 01-16-2009

I thought Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker was outstanding, it made an okay movie memorable. Does it deserve an Oscar? Even if Heath Ledger hadn't died? I think he would have been nominated and been a contender. Academy voters often seem to have reasons other than best performance for awarding Oscars. I suppose it would depend on if there was another *story* they wanted to tell, some other actor they wanted to celebrate because of message, body of work, or to make up for a past snub.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - t4terrific - 01-16-2009

Don B Wrote:I thought Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker was outstanding, it made an okay movie memorable. Does it deserve an Oscar? Even if Heath Ledger hadn't died? I think he would have been nominated and been a contender. Academy voters often seem to have reasons other than best performance for awarding Oscars. I suppose it would depend on if there was another *story* they wanted to tell, some other actor they wanted to celebrate because of message, body of work, or to make up for a past snub.

I'd agree to best supporting actor (though I'd rather give it to Tom Cruise for his insane role in Tropic Thunder). Mickey Rourke should be best actor, for The Wrestler. I'd love to see Gran Torino win best picture.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - colburn0004 - 01-16-2009

Marc Wrote:Had he lived he wouldn't have even been nominated, so no.

I disagree, this movie and his portrayal of the Joker was being talked about long before his death. His death certainly made it more popular of a subject and more main stream to say it was a great performance. But it was being talked about before his death and it is a great performance without saying hes just deserving of it cause he died.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - t4terrific - 01-16-2009

Don B Wrote:I thought Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker was outstanding, it made an okay movie memorable.

I couldn't agree more. Actually my first reaction was, "What a boring movie. So long. I wouldn't have bothered finishing it, if not for The Joker. I liked the way he talked.".

The Batman character was so dull and robotic. I actually missed Michael Keaton. Bruce Wayne, before he became Batman, in Batman Begins, was the best part of the new series. Once Batman came around, the character became a bore, for me.

Joker saved Dark Knight. I predict the series will take a crap on the next installment.