RepairmanJack.com Forums
Marley and Me - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Marley and Me (/thread-3245.html)

Pages: 1 2

Marley and Me - Tony H - 01-13-2009

My Official review of Marley and Me:

:cryin:

'nuff said.

Marley and Me - cobalt - 01-13-2009

I think I'll pass on this one for a while. Last year wasn't a good year for me and dogs.

Marley and Me - Tony H - 01-13-2009

cobalt79 Wrote:I think I'll pass on this one for a while. Last year wasn't a good year for me and dogs.

It was tough for me to watch. Marley reminded me so much of my Black lab, Ebony, who we put to sleep in 1993. 16 years later all the memories of the best dog I ever had came flooding back.

Ebony had a penchant for chewing walls, eating out of the garbage, and she especially loved eating religious items. A giant ornate bible, baby Jesus and another figurine from the nativity set at Christmas.

Putting Ebony to sleep was the most difficult thing of my young adult life to go through. I LOVE animals more than I love people. How sad is that? Pets just give so much unconditional love that when it comes time to let them go you feel like you are losing a part of yourself.

Marley and Me reminds us of the sacred bond between pets and their owners and knowing when it is time to say goodbye. After giving us so many joyful years, in the end when they are suffering, we have to make the most difficult choice. But being able to give them rest and peace from their suffering is both heart-wrenching and admirable at the same time.

I had not cried in YEARS...1993 was the last time, until I watched this film. I got that familiar lump in my chest and then the tears began to well. Amazing how a funny, sweet and charming film about life, family and the pets that are a part of both can bring you to tears and make you remember the four legged friends that once graced our lives.

Marley and Me - cobalt - 01-13-2009

So true Tony. Losing 2 dogs within 4 months was very hard on me during a difficult time in my life. Yes, I still have 3 dogs. My vet gave me Seamus....he doesn't replace Rusty nor Morgan....he's just helped to heal my heart.

Marley and Me - Fenian1916 - 01-13-2009

Does Jennifer Aniston get topless?

Marley and Me - Dave F - 01-13-2009

I read the book after a really strong recomendation

I really didn't get into the book, and gave up

Could be I had too high expectations after the recomendation, could just be I'm a cat person

Either way can't say I'm inspired to see the film

Marley and Me - GeraldRice - 01-14-2009

AsMoral Wrote:It was tough for me to watch. Marley reminded me so much of my Black lab, Ebony, who we put to sleep in 1993. 16 years later all the memories of the best dog I ever had came flooding back.

Ebony had a penchant for chewing walls, eating out of the garbage, and she especially loved eating religious items. A giant ornate bible, baby Jesus and another figurine from the nativity set at Christmas.

Putting Ebony to sleep was the most difficult thing of my young adult life to go through. I LOVE animals more than I love people. How sad is that? Pets just give so much unconditional love that when it comes time to let them go you feel like you are losing a part of yourself.

Marley and Me reminds us of the sacred bond between pets and their owners and knowing when it is time to say goodbye. After giving us so many joyful years, in the end when they are suffering, we have to make the most difficult choice. But being able to give them rest and peace from their suffering is both heart-wrenching and admirable at the same time.

I had not cried in YEARS...1993 was the last time, until I watched this film. I got that familiar lump in my chest and then the tears began to well. Amazing how a funny, sweet and charming film about life, family and the pets that are a part of both can bring you to tears and make you remember the four legged friends that once graced our lives.

Hold on while I call the waaaambulance. j/k

Marley and Me - Tony H - 01-15-2009

GeraldRice Wrote:Hold on while I call the waaaambulance. j/k

Who knew you could be so heartless? :dontknow:

Marley and Me - Brian - 01-15-2009

Fenian1916 Wrote:Does Jennifer Aniston get topless?

Or naked, except for a tie, like on the cover of GQ?

Marley and Me - saynomore - 01-16-2009

AsMoral Wrote:My Official review of Marley and Me:

:cryin:

'nuff said.

I knew what I was getting into when I went to see this movie. It didn't help. I joined the audience at the tearful finale. This is one movie where you can say, There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

AC

P.S. Initially, Marley got on my nerves with his rambunctiousness (sp?); but by the end, that's what you miss most about him.

P.P.S. For those who don't know what this film's about: Newlyweds buy puppy. Newlyweds go through problems. Puppy grows up, grows old. That's it. I don't think I could stand sitting through this movie again---it was that heartwrenching.

P.P.P.S. Gerald, I forgive you.