RepairmanJack.com Forums
Availability of tv/film works involving F. Paul Wilson - and Amazon Video on Demand - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Availability of tv/film works involving F. Paul Wilson - and Amazon Video on Demand (/thread-3232.html)

Availability of tv/film works involving F. Paul Wilson - and Amazon Video on Demand - Gimbal - 01-04-2009

I just thought I'd share this with the community, maybe some more folks will find it interesting.

There is a bio for F. Paul Wilson at IMDB.com. If you follow some links in that bio, you can find information about film and TV works he's been a part of.

From the respective pages about each episode or film, you can click through on the IMDb site, to locate the item via Amazon.com. If the item is currently available with Amazon's "Video on Demand" service, you can either watch the item online or download it for watching with (e.g.) Windows Media Player, or any portable device supporting the WMV format (which, I think, iPods might, if you load the thing up in iTunes first, then tell iTunes to convert it to be capable with an iPod -- using the right-click context menu, with the video loade up in itunes -- this is a guess, though).

Just some tips, on that end:

1) To get the full functionality of this, you have to download and install the Amazon Unbox player. It's quick and simple. You can get to the download page for it, by following the appropriate links starting at one of the video-on-demand in-web-browser players.

2) When you install the Unbox player, be sure to tell it that you have a portable media device, so that it will ... so that it'll do whatever that does, presumably then making it possible to download the video files.

3) Once you've purchased an episode or film with Video on Depand, it should give you an option to either watch it online or download it. The episode I downloaded, it only allowed you to do one or the other and not to change your decision later -- I presume this is probably not an unusual configation.

4) Once you would've selected the "download" link, then after you start the unbox player, the thing you just purchased should be listd in your unbox library, and should be marked as "ready to download".

5) The downloading can take a bit of time, but once it's done, you've got the video right there, right, with no possibility of drop-outs or lag as would be due to network congestion.

6) do make sure that you've got enough space on the destination disk for you unbox player download directory, before downloading. I'd recommend at least two gigs, availalbe, though I haven't seen what this service has to offer. )Two gigs does it, with space left over, for ipod-capable backup of a DVD.)

You'll have to select the download directory, in the initial Unbox player configuration, and it can be reconfigured later after right-clicking on the unbox icon in the windows system-tray, then selecting the appropriate menu options.

It's too easy.

I mean, seriously, once you're comfortable with it, it's a really easy way to get in touch with some video made after great writing ... and after the results that occur after it all goes through the TV or film production process, granted, in any single occurrence..... I guess it's all a part of the program, so to speak.

Availability of tv/film works involving F. Paul Wilson - and Amazon Video on Demand - bones weep tedium - 01-05-2009

Cheers for the tips. I'll be sure to check back in here as soon as I hear that FPW's commentary CD is available to accompany The Keep's DVD....! Wink