RepairmanJack.com Forums
Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR (/thread-3165.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - bones weep tedium - 11-23-2008

Apparently he wanted to film this after Blade Runner, but he couldn't get the rights to it.

Should be good!

Click

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-23-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:Apparently he wanted to film this after Blade Runner, but he couldn't get the rights to it.

Should be good!

Click

Google haldemantangledwebsite for a board nearly as lively as our own.

With all respect to Scott, I do not see how that book can be filmed.

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - Kenji - 11-23-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:Apparently he wanted to film this after Blade Runner, but he couldn't get the rights to it.

Should be good!

Click

I am Redley Scott fan, but I didn't know that. So far, I'm waiting for "Body of Lies".

I heard the rumor that Ridley Scott will make "Child 44", based on the novel by Tom Rob Smith. Seems he's the most busy filmmaker.

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - law dawg - 11-23-2008

I liked Armor better than Forever War. Just my opinion.

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-23-2008

law dawg Wrote:I liked Armor better than Forever War. Just my opinion.

STARSHIP TROOPERS left them both in the dust. (Naw--THE FOREVER WAR was great.) I'm sure you know this story, lawdawg, but I love telling it. Seems Joe and RAH were both at a WORLDCON, early in Joe's career. And the word was, Heinlein's gonna rip off Joe's head and piss down the hole. Well. Joe was introduced to Heinlein. Who said, "Joe Haldeman! Of course! I think THE FOREVER WAR is the best future war story I've ever read!" And Joe wrote later, "My feet didn't touch the ground for days."

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - law dawg - 11-24-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:STARSHIP TROOPERS left them both in the dust. (Naw--THE FOREVER WAR was great.) I'm sure you know this story, lawdawg, but I love telling it. Seems Joe and RAH were both at a WORLDCON, early in Joe's career. And the word was, Heinlein's gonna rip off Joe's head and piss down the hole. Well. Joe was introduced to Heinlein. Who said, "Joe Haldeman! Of course! I think THE FOREVER WAR is the best future war story I've ever read!" And Joe wrote later, "My feet didn't touch the ground for days."

I loved Troopers as well. I rank them Armor, then Troopers (close, though) and then Forever War.

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - GeraldRice - 11-24-2008

I wonder how long it'll take to film. Ba-DUM bum

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-24-2008

GeraldRice Wrote:I wonder how long it'll take to film. Ba-DUM bum

Do you think it's =filmable=, Gerald? I just don't see how. The story takes place over a =long= time, and so much of the action takes place in William's head. My second favorite scene: Mandala watches Marygay's ship torch and go away. And ponders, "Should I jump?"

My favorite? If you're a romantic like meself, it's yours too: When Mandala is in the bar with Charlie and gets the letter from Marygay..."We've bought a starship, and we're using it as a time machine..."

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - GeraldRice - 11-24-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Do you think it's =filmable=, Gerald? I just don't see how. The story takes place over a =long= time, and so much of the action takes place in William's head. My second favorite scene: Mandala watches Marygay's ship torch and go away. And ponders, "Should I jump?"

My favorite? If you're a romantic like meself, it's yours too: When Mandala is in the bar with Charlie and gets the letter from Marygay..."We've bought a starship, and we're using it as a time machine..."

Uhhh, not only have I not read that book, I've never even heard of it. I wish I could contribute something real to the conversation.

Ridley Scott to film THE FOREVER WAR - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-24-2008

GeraldRice Wrote:Uhhh, not only have I not read that book, I've never even heard of it. I wish I could contribute something real to the conversation.

Please read it, Gerald. Trust me on this. It will enhance your life. No kidding.