RepairmanJack.com Forums
Electronic books? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Electronic books? (/thread-3133.html)

Electronic books? - Don - 11-02-2008

I went through the MobiPocket site, and couldn't find any F. Paul Wilson books. Anyone know where I can find some electronic versions to load onto my Blackberry?

Electronic books? - dezboi - 11-02-2008

Don Wrote:I went through the MobiPocket site, and couldn't find any F. Paul Wilson books. Anyone know where I can find some electronic versions to load onto my Blackberry?

I don't know about mobireader. However there are a few -- but only a few -- at ereader website (ereader dot com).

Electronic books? - Al Meyer - 11-03-2008

I bough some of PaulĀ“s books here

http://www.booksonboard.com/

Electronic books? - Don - 11-03-2008

Thanks, gents. I also went to Memoware, but they didn't have anything at all.

Unbelievable how John Connolly's latest is offered as electronic for $18.... (if you like Repairman Jack, you might be interested in Charlie Parker)

But me, I'm trying to find the best way to get Mr. Wilson's (or is that "Winslow"?) books. This time next year, I'll be in Afghanistan, and ordering them from Amazon or Books-a-million can take weeks.

Electronic books? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-03-2008

Don Wrote:Thanks, gents. I also went to Memoware, but they didn't have anything at all.

Unbelievable how John Connolly's latest is offered as electronic for $18.... (if you like Repairman Jack, you might be interested in Charlie Parker)

But me, I'm trying to find the best way to get Mr. Wilson's (or is that "Winslow"?) books. This time next year, I'll be in Afghanistan, and ordering them from Amazon or Books-a-million can take weeks.

Electronic books are an affront to God and a kick in the ass of Humanity!

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Electronic books are an affront to God and a kick in the ass of Humanity!

Oh, pish, tosh.

Seriously, though: When I can carry the entire F. Paul Wilson collection (and who wouldn't want that?!?) on one gizmo that fits in my backpack with everything else....

Well, surely God wouldn't be affronted by that, now would He? Big Grin

Don Wrote:Oh, pish, tosh.

Seriously, though: When I can carry the entire F. Paul Wilson collection (and who wouldn't want that?!?) on one gizmo that fits in my backpack with everything else....

Well, surely God wouldn't be affronted by that, now would He? Big Grin

That's a telling point, Dave. Who can know the mind of God? But a book is a good friend. One you can always count on to teach, entertain, or comfort you. They have merits a souless electronic gadget could =never= match.

But if electronic books drive Barnes&Noble out of business, well, I guess I'll just have to go back to selling drugs to children again.Confusedad:

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That's a telling point, Dave. Who can know the mind of God? But a book is a good friend. One you can always count on to teach, entertain, or comfort you. They have merits a souless electronic gadget could =never= match.

But if electronic books drive Barnes&Noble out of business, well, I guess I'll just have to go back to selling drugs to children again.Confusedad:
I believe you're talking about the page, not the words. I read the same words on a page that I read on my electronic gadget; the difference is the smell, the feel, etc. So I still learn, I still am entertained; but the experience is different.

As for your alternative method of employment...well, I wasn't ready for that thought.... Confusedhocked:

(BTW: Who's Dave?)

Don Wrote:I believe you're talking about the page, not the words. I read the same words on a page that I read on my electronic gadget; the difference is the smell, the feel, etc. So I still learn, I still am entertained; but the experience is different.

As for your alternative method of employment...well, I wasn't ready for that thought.... Confusedhocked:

(BTW: Who's Dave?)

Missprint, Don, apologies.

But let's say you go to one of Paul's signings/readings. How could the man autograph an electron screen rather than a page?

"To the Bluesman--thank God at least =some= hold true to Civilization! FP Wilson"

Electronic books? - Legion - 11-03-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Electronic books are an affront to God and a kick in the ass of Humanity!

Oh, you're just biased you cranky ol bluessman.

I'm surprised you haven't written an " Dem EBooks got me down" song yet.CoolWinkCool

And at least selling drugs TO children isn't near as bad as the time you were selling the children themselves. I still say you ripped me off for that little asian kid.