RepairmanJack.com Forums
Newbie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie (/thread-309.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Newbie - Dalt - 08-23-2004

Having discovered the joys of the likes of 'Healer' in the late 70s then, only recently, the 'Repairman Jack' novels, and now this site (thanks to Dave), I feel fully immersed in the Wilson world. Who do I have to kill to become a senior member of this institution?

Newbie - Kenji - 08-23-2004

Dalt Wrote:Having discovered the joys of the likes of 'Healer' in the late 70s then, only recently, the 'Repairman Jack' novels, and now this site (thanks to Dave), I feel fully immersed in the Wilson world. Who do I have to kill to become a senior member of this institution?

Welcome to board, Dalt.

Oh, please don't kill me! Big Grin

Newbie - Dave - 08-23-2004

Dalt Wrote:Having discovered the joys of the likes of 'Healer' in the late 70s then, only recently, the 'Repairman Jack' novels, and now this site (thanks to Dave), I feel fully immersed in the Wilson world. Who do I have to kill to become a senior member of this institution?

Every time you kill a member you inherit their post count. Honest. 100 posts = Senior Member.

Nice to see you here, Dalt.

Dave

Newbie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-23-2004

Welcome to the board, Dalt. But I'd be careful about the "killing" talk. I'd bet a majority of the Gang of Paul owns a firearm, and some are downright eager to carve another notch on the stock...just to keep in practice, y'unnerstan. But to become a senior member, just keep posting your ideas. Be prepared, though, to suffer vicious personal abuse. Why, even so sweet a broken-down bluesman as I has been branded a "fool" and a "hypocrite." And I thought we were just trying to have a good time! Wink

Newbie - Lisa - 08-23-2004

Welcome to the board, Dalt. Just so you know, my co-Queen Susan and I are off-limits with regards to the killing stuff. How's Pard doing?

Lisa

A warm welcome indeed, thanks.
Ok, so using subversive tactics is not the way to 'senior' status (anyone told Bush?). I'll be sure to give my 'ideas' plenty of thought before submitting them for autopsy!
To save me some time and maybe even prevent a divorce (my wife's favourite complaint being that I spend too much time on my laptop as it is :mad: ), could someone tell me where to go to find out which of Paul's scripts are being developed for the screen? I know of Dave's Lipidleggin' but are there any others being considered? Surely 'Jack' is getting the big screen push?

Lisa Wrote:Welcome to the board, Dalt. Just so you know, my co-Queen Susan and I are off-limits with regards to the killing stuff. How's Pard doing?

Lisa

For the last couple of years he's been trying to correct a limp caused by my left leg initially being an inch shorter than my right. Trouble is that he's been over compensated with the growth spurts alternating from the left to the right leg. I'm now 8 foot 4 and still walking around in small circles. He's tenacious if not a little pig headed.
Thanks for the welcome. Big Grin

Newbie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-23-2004

Dalt Wrote:A warm welcome indeed, thanks.
Ok, so using subversive tactics is not the way to 'senior' status (anyone told Bush?). I'll be sure to give my 'ideas' plenty of thought before submitting them for autopsy!
To save me some time and maybe even prevent a divorce (my wife's favourite complaint being that I spend too much time on my laptop as it is :mad: ), could someone tell me where to go to find out which of Paul's scripts are being developed for the screen? I know of Dave's Lipidleggin' but are there any others being considered? Surely 'Jack' is getting the big screen push?

"Lipidleggin"...I hadn't thought of that as screen material, but wouldn't it have made a fine episode in the '80's TWILIGHT ZONE? A fun one?

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"Lipidleggin"...I hadn't thought of that as screen material, but wouldn't it have made a fine episode in the '80's TWILIGHT ZONE? A fun one?

The script is good and true to the original story and I'm told Mr Wilson has given his approval. Time will tell, I guess.
The new twilight zone, while we're on the subject, (even though special effects have come a long way) isn't a patch on the 80s series. I could be wrong...but i doubt it. Wink

Newbie - Scott Hajek - 08-23-2004

Welcome to the board!

If you must kill someone, send me a PM, I've got a few ideas, heh, heh, heh.

And, yes, the Queens are off-limits... we always need someone to brighten our days when they grace us with their presence.