RepairmanJack.com Forums
Aliens vs Predators - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Aliens vs Predators (/thread-300.html)

Pages: 1 2

Aliens vs Predators - Jay #1 - 08-16-2004

Well... for action it was pretty good. More fast paced than most of the other movies were... yet, on the same token, I got the impression that someone woke up at 4am, cobbled together random bits of information and delivered it 4 hours later. Then a producer with too little sleep yawned, scratched himself, and said "Looks good enough" then went back to sleep.

With that said, I like'd how they filled in some blanks that previous movies left behind. If you want to see a movie that shows how it all began... even though they didn't plan on it originally, then go watch it. It's worth it in that respect.

Aliens vs Predators - jimbow8 - 08-16-2004

Jay #1 Wrote:Well... for action it was pretty good. More fast paced than most of the other movies were... yet, on the same token, I got the impression that someone woke up at 4am, cobbled together random bits of information and delivered it 4 hours later. Then a producer with too little sleep yawned, scratched himself, and said "Looks good enough" then went back to sleep.

With that said, I like'd how they filled in some blanks that previous movies left behind. If you want to see a movie that shows how it all began... even though they didn't plan on it originally, then go watch it. It's worth it in that respect.
How does it fit into a timeline? I would assume that the Predator movies take place before the Alien movies. Does AvP take place before, between, or after?

Aliens vs Predators - Scott Hajek - 08-16-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:How does it fit into a timeline? I would assume that the Predator movies take place before the Alien movies. Does AvP take place before, between, or after?

It has been described as a sequel to the Predator films and a prequel to the Alien films.

I haven't seen this one yet, but they should have used the story from the original Aliens vs. Predator comic book mini-series. It would've been great and not another "Antarcitca holds a big secret" story.

Aliens vs Predators - thisisatest - 08-16-2004

I haven't seen this one yet, but they should have used the story from the original Aliens vs. Predator comic book mini-series. It would've been great and not another "Antarcitca holds a big secret" story.[/QUOTE]

Steve D
I assumed from the ads that the movie was going to be about a "hunt" in a Predator-build pyramid, where the Predators seek out the Aliens, and where the "humans" accidentally get caught in the middle of this "hunt." It is nothing even close to this premise. This is just a prison break movie with creatures instead of Linda Blair, Sybil Danning and Sylvia Kristel. I agree whole-heartedly that the Aliens vs. Predator comic book mini-series should have been the source for this movie. I'm a big fan of the Dark Horse Alien/Predator comics because they continue the mythos of the creatures while adding their own spin. The movie spun too far from the mythos. Some Predator scenes were really too touchy-feely when weighed against the Predator hunter from the first movie. It's a toss-up for me whether this one's a DVD keeper. I'll have to wait for the extra features to decide.

Aliens vs Predators - The Mad American - 08-17-2004

thisisatest Wrote:I haven't seen this one yet, but they should have used the story from the original Aliens vs. Predator comic book mini-series. It would've been great and not another "Antarcitca holds a big secret" story.

Steve D
I assumed from the ads that the movie was going to be about a "hunt" in a Predator-build pyramid, where the Predators seek out the Aliens, and where the "humans" accidentally get caught in the middle of this "hunt." It is nothing even close to this premise. This is just a prison break movie with creatures instead of Linda Blair, Sybil Danning and Sylvia Kristel. I agree whole-heartedly that the Aliens vs. Predator comic book mini-series should have been the source for this movie. I'm a big fan of the Dark Horse Alien/Predator comics because they continue the mythos of the creatures while adding their own spin. The movie spun too far from the mythos. Some Predator scenes were really too touchy-feely when weighed against the Predator hunter from the first movie. It's a toss-up for me whether this one's a DVD keeper. I'll have to wait for the extra features to decide.[/QUOTE]

OK but the supposed surprise at the end was just stupid, were the Alien pops out of the predator, not 20 minutes back in the movie it shows the predator doing his visual scan of the archeoligist that was in the cacoon and seeing the alien inside him, then this entire ship of PRedators missed the fact that the body of the Predator that they recovered has an alien in it....

I did however enjoy the action in the movie, just wish they would have used multiple predators more then they did.

Aliens vs Predators - Noelie - 08-17-2004

I saw it this weekend. I though it was ok, not great. It's the kind of thing that I wouldn't mind watching on video, but didn't think was worth the $7.00 matinee price I paid to see it.

Aliens vs Predators - Kenji - 12-23-2004

Today, I went to see AvsP, and I just got back from theater.

Aside from the story, action sequences and SFX were pretty good. I was deep in movie without stopping for breath. The last fighting scenes, Queen vs Predator was awesome.

But there was one thing that bothered me.

In the opening scene, I saw "October 3, 2004" on screen. Then I saw Lance Henliksen as Charles Bishop Weyland......What? Why? Who was that Weyland in "Alien3" ? At first, I thought Weyland in "Alien3" was clone. But I'm not sure about it. But did you notice one scene? Weyland used his pen, he acted similar to android Bishop in "Aliens". So I thought this Weyland is all of origin. Android Bishop in "Aliens", and Weyland in "Alien3".

Secondly, survivor Alexa will report to Weyland=Yutani Co. about this incident. And then W=Y Co. will make android Ash, and Co. order to Ash, "Bring back life form. Priority One. All other priorities rescinded." Now the loop is complete.

What do you think about it? Any opinions?

Aliens vs Predators - Dave - 12-23-2004

Kenji Wrote:Today, I went to see AvsP, and I just got back from theater.

Aside from the story, action sequences and SFX were pretty good. I was deep in movie without stopping for breath. The last fighting scenes, Queen vs Predator was awesome.

But there was one thing that bothered me.

In the opening scene, I saw "October 3, 2004" on screen. Then I saw Lance Henliksen as Charles Bishop Weyland......What? Why? Who was that Weyland in "Alien3" ? At first, I thought Weyland in "Alien3" was clone. But I'm not sure about it. But did you notice one scene? Weyland used his pen, he acted similar to android Bishop in "Aliens". So I thought this Weyland is all of origin. Android Bishop in "Aliens", and Weyland in "Alien3".

Secondly, survivor Alexa will report to Weyland=Yutani Co. about this incident. And then W=Y Co. will make android Ash, and Co. order to Ash, "Bring back life form. Priority One. All other priorities rescinded." Now the loop is complete.

What do you think about it? Any opinions?

I believe the Weyland in Alien3 was another android of the Bishop model. The insinuation in AvP being that they are modelled, and named, after the man in charge of the company that invented them.

Dave

Aliens vs Predators - Kenji - 12-23-2004

Dave Wrote:I believe the Weyland in Alien3 was another android of the Bishop model. The insinuation in AvP being that they are modelled, and named, after the man in charge of the company that invented them.

Dave

Another android? Hmm........but, his blood was red, not white.

Aliens vs Predators - Dave - 12-23-2004

Kenji Wrote:Another android? Hmm........but, his blood was red, not white.

I recall his ear hanging, like it was a piece of plastic. No blood.

Been a while though.

Dave