RepairmanJack.com Forums
A word from you neighborhood new member. - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: A word from you neighborhood new member. (/thread-2978.html)

Pages: 1 2

A word from you neighborhood new member. - unlikelyhero - 07-28-2008

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums but not to jacks stories. I just wanted to send a shout out and say hello to all those out there that have found and enjoyed the books as much as me. I dont know about you guys but from the first book i read, which happened to be legacies due to the fact I didnt know it wasnt the first book in the series, I have been captivated by all that is jack. Its funny how much I can relate to him and the stories and how entertaining they are.

My first big question for the masses is how did you discover jack and what was your initial feelings during and after the first read. For me I was walking through a barnes and noble while visiting another state trying to find a new read when I found legacies and for some reason or another was drawn to it. While I read it and even afterwards I was completely drawn in by how jack dealt with situations, the humor, and the way i could relate to him. After reading the first book I knew this was the book to start a series I have been waiting for. The repairman jack series is by far my favorite and most enjoyable series. Anyways, glad to see so many others out there have found what I call a diamond in the rough.

Unlikelyhero

A word from you neighborhood new member. - Legion - 07-28-2008

unlikelyhero Wrote:Hey everyone, I am new to the forums but not to jacks stories. I just wanted to send a shout out and say hello to all those out there that have found and enjoyed the books as much as me. I dont know about you guys but from the first book i read, which happened to be legacies due to the fact I didnt know it wasnt the first book in the series, I have been captivated by all that is jack. Its funny how much I can relate to him and the stories and how entertaining they are.

My first big question for the masses is how did you discover jack and what was your initial feelings during and after the first read. For me I was walking through a barnes and noble while visiting another state trying to find a new read when I found legacies and for some reason or another was drawn to it. While I read it and even afterwards I was completely drawn in by how jack dealt with situations, the humor, and the way i could relate to him. After reading the first book I knew this was the book to start a series I have been waiting for. The repairman jack series is by far my favorite and most enjoyable series. Anyways, glad to see so many others out there have found what I call a diamond in the rough.

Unlikelyhero

Welcome aboard, mate.

Glad you enjoy the series as we all do. We keep readin and they just seem to get better.

A word from you neighborhood new member. - cobalt - 07-28-2008

Welcome to the board unlikelyhero. There are few threads about how we discovered RMJ. Search them out and enjoy the discovery that we all share. Some call it an "addiction". Maybe so....and yeah....I'm addicted and can't wait for the next book to come along. Big Grin

be well
cobalt

A word from you neighborhood new member. - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-28-2008

unlikelyhero Wrote:Hey everyone, I am new to the forums but not to jacks stories. I just wanted to send a shout out and say hello to all those out there that have found and enjoyed the books as much as me. I dont know about you guys but from the first book i read, which happened to be legacies due to the fact I didnt know it wasnt the first book in the series, I have been captivated by all that is jack. Its funny how much I can relate to him and the stories and how entertaining they are.

Unlikelyhero

Welcome to the gang, Unlikelyhero!

I'll tell you my story. Back in June 2003, guess it was. I'd just gotten off a hard day's work. Thought a cold beer might hit the spot. So I grabbed a stool at a workingman's lagerhouse in the West 80's. Guy behind the stick was a Hispanic fella, kinda stocky. Not a man you'd mess with. And he was reading a book called THE TOMB. And he was laughing like a son-of-a-bitch. "Meng, this shit is so =wrong=!" Called to a quiet fella in the back, "Jack, you read this?" And the quiet fella said, "Hey, let Wilson make his name. No harm done." So, being a reader, I asked the Hispanic bartender if I could see the book. "Keep it, meng."

Funny thing is, I've looked, but I've never found that place again.

A word from you neighborhood new member. - phoenix rising - 07-29-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Welcome to the gang, Unlikelyhero!

I'll tell you my story. Back in June 2003, guess it was. I'd just gotten off a hard day's work. Thought a cold beer might hit the spot. So I grabbed a stool at a workingman's lagerhouse in the West 80's. Guy behind the stick was a Hispanic fella, kinda stocky. Not a man you'd mess with. And he was reading a book called THE TOMB. And he was laughing like a son-of-a-bitch. "Meng, this shit is so =wrong=!" Called to a quiet fella in the back, "Jack, you read this?" And the quiet fella said, "Hey, let Wilson make his name. No harm done." So, being a reader, I asked the Hispanic bartender if I could see the book. "Keep it, meng."

Funny thing is, I've looked, but I've never found that place again.

Twilight Zone anyone??????

A word from you neighborhood new member. - Tony H - 07-29-2008

Welcome to the board Hero...if Mike hasn't scared you off that is.

A word from you neighborhood new member. - unlikelyhero - 07-29-2008

Tanks and i will def check out the boards even though there is a lot to dredge through. Nah mike hasnt and wont scare me off. Im used to the twisted side of humor and tend to laugh at the most unlikely things. To bad ya didnt find it again mike....almost sounds like my kinda place.

So ya it is an addiction to me also. I havent finished all the books as of yet. Im up to gateways but I cant find anywhere around that has any of the books, paperback or hardcover. So ya my junky like tendancies the RJ books have brought on have caused me to order them all online....which means I have to wait for them to come in the mail. *sighs*

A word from you neighborhood new member. - Oxenberger - 07-29-2008

phoenix rising Wrote:Twilight Zone anyone??????

Nah, it's just our "white tennis shoes" resident.

A word from you neighborhood new member. - Legion - 07-29-2008

Oxenberger Wrote:Nah, it's just our "white tennis shoes" resident.

Wait til Mike tells ya about the time he was almost killed by a big indian with a pillow, who then escaped by throwing a sink through the window.

A word from you neighborhood new member. - Oxenberger - 07-30-2008

Legion Wrote:Wait til Mike tells ya about the time he was almost killed by a big indian with a pillow, who then escaped by throwing a sink through the window.

Ahhh thats why I like lil' Blues.