RepairmanJack.com Forums
Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff (/thread-297.html)

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Kenji - 08-13-2004

Today, I got The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff first edition Vol.2. I had already Vol.1, so this is perfect!

(Sorry about bad photo...cause of cheap digital camera)

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-15-2004

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Today, I got The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff first edition Vol.2. I had already Vol.1, so this is perfect!

(Sorry about bad photo...cause of cheap digital camera)

THE TOMB was published in 2 volumes in Japan?

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Kenji - 08-16-2004

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:THE TOMB was published in 2 volumes in Japan?

Yes it is! And not only The Tomb. The Keep, Reprisal, NightWorld, Black Wind, Sibs, The Touch, Virgin, Legacies, All the Rage,...those books are all 2 volumes.

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-16-2004

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Yes it is! And not only The Tomb. The Keep, Reprisal, NightWorld, Black Wind, Sibs, The Touch, Virgin, Legacies, All the Rage,...those books are all 2 volumes.

Well, Kenji, I hope that means Paul is getting twice the royalties. But knowing how sleazy the publishing world is, I somehow doubt it. Rolleyes

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Paul R - 08-16-2004

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Yes it is! And not only The Tomb. The Keep, Reprisal, NightWorld, Black Wind, Sibs, The Touch, Virgin, Legacies, All the Rage,...those books are all 2 volumes.
Are these books edited in some way to make the two part version work better or are they just... well, split in two at the half-way point?

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Tyson - 08-16-2004

I know the Star Wars New Jedi Order Books were published in Japan, in the split format. That was 19 novels, with cover art by Tsuyoshi Nagano.

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Kenji - 08-17-2004

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, Kenji, I hope that means Paul is getting twice the royalties. But knowing how sleazy the publishing world is, I somehow doubt it. Rolleyes

Yeah, I know. I know what you mean..... Sad

Japanese publishers are always such a things doing. Do you know what is bad things? Next is true story.

When I went to used book store, even if I found Usher's Passing, it was only vol.2, and I couldn't find out vol.1......what a terrible feeling! (But now, finally, I got both of vol.1 and vol.2) Big Grin

Anyway, I hate two part version.

Tell me FPW, what do you think about two part version? Do you like? or dislike?

Paul R Wrote:Are these books edited in some way to make the two part version work better or are they just... well, split in two at the half-way point?

I think it's half-way point.

For example, next is last scenes of The Keep vol.1.

Kuza:"I am on your side,Molasar! Please trust me!"
Molasar:"I am watching you, all right? If I can trust you,I will give you another chance. But if you betray me, I will kill you."

*I'm not sure this dialogue would be correct. Because I don't know original dialogue in English, so I translated it from Japanese to English. Anyway, this is last scenes of vol.1.

Tyson Wrote:I know the Star Wars New Jedi Order Books were published in Japan, in the split format. That was 19 novels, with cover art by Tsuyoshi Nagano.

Wow!! Why do you know Japanese edition of Star Wars and cover artist? Is he famous?

Perfect The Tomb; Japanese rare stuff - Tyson - 08-23-2004

Kenji, I know about the split Star Wars Editions because I read a Magazine called Star Wars Insider, and there was an article that talked about all 19 books. For each book they showed the 2 halves of the Japanese version. I don't like the idea of splitting a novel in 2, but the artwork for this series is alot cooler than the American editions.